Ramp room?

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Ramp room?

Postby Sngleman » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:27 pm

So I have been going back and forth on this as to I know you can simply buy one premade, but I don’t know about fitment and durability..

I figured for the price tag I could build something better.. So here we go!

I am very much open to criticism or concerns so please let me know if there is anything that jumps out to you to possible be fixed or if you just know something that would work better or cheaper :twisted:

Let me know what you all think!

So here are some simple drawn up plans that I have:
(please disregard the noted spelling errors in my illustrations) :cry:

Starting off with some simple design / layout: My trailer is a 6 x 11 I think! I used to have some pictures of my original design / build but my Photobucket got cleared out.. My original design was similar to below without the tongue box and instead of the table / bed I had a Murphy style bed in its place to give you a idea.

Tongue Box / Power Box

Trailer Ramp Room Design:

Some Insight:

I thought of using Steel Studs / Galvanized (I can get them cheap / and they are easy to work with for me) Though im sure wood is easily usable. (they generally weigh the same / have same strength) Also why I thought to go with Unistrut / Galvanized.

For outer paneling I thought of aluminum siding though possible a cheaper solution? Cloth / epoxy / resin?

Also each wall will easily be able to be lifted / stored in the trailer for storage. (Passenger Side Wall in trailer.)

For the Ladder being on the side of the trailer im thinking about moving it to the front possible? and having a luggage rack added as well? may keep it on the side though and move it to the drive side other than shown on the passenger.

:worship:

Thanks again for taking a look! Please let me know what you think. Agian I am trying to keep it simple / light / cheap for me and anyone else.
Sngleman
Teardrop Inspector

Postby pete42 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:05 pm

Only comment I have if your trailer is six (6) foot wide there won't be room for three (3) beds across the back unless they are very narrow.

good luck on your build It looks like mine will be put off untill next spring health problems are stopping me right now and may stop me from ever doing one.
pete42
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Sngleman » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:52 am

pete42 wrote:Only comment I have if your trailer is six (6) foot wide there won't be room for three (3) beds across the back unless they are very narrow..

Thank you for the comment! It won’t be 3 individual beds, but it will be 2 fold up bunks with table center that then can be converted into a full size bed when we don’t have the kids with us. (If i read the comment worng please feel free to let me know!)

Edit: So something like this in the Trailer (mind you i only have paint skills) :cry:

No Table

Table Down

Table Up
Sngleman
Teardrop Inspector

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:02 pm

It looks very interesting and ambitious. I take it the kids will sleep in the "ramp room"/half tent. As long as there is room for the ramp room walls when you close it up, I don't see any major problem. Snakes like to crawl in small openings; so, I would probably add an anchored canvas or nylon skirt around the bottom of that room, to help keep the cool breezes and critters at bay when the kids are sleeping there, though. :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Ctcanuck » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:22 pm

Looks good Sngleman. You have some great ideas there. Interesting!!! :thumbsup:
Ctcanuck
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Sngleman » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:19 am

Ctcanuck wrote:Looks good Sngleman. You have some great ideas there. Interesting!!! :thumbsup:

Thank you to you and Sharon! I might have high ambitions but we shall hopefully soon see!
Sngleman
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Ctcanuck » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:31 am

Sngleman wrote:
Ctcanuck wrote:Looks good Sngleman. You have some great ideas there. Interesting!!! :thumbsup:

Thank you to you and Sharon! I might have high ambitions but we shall hopefully soon see!

I'm sure you will get R done soon. :thumbsup:
Ctcanuck
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions