FLOOR PLANNER (free, easy to use)

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

FLOOR PLANNER (free, easy to use)

Postby 4x4chvy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:02 pm

http://www.smallblueprinter.com/floorplan/floorplan.html

I set the grid to 2 ft per square and let each square = 6" in my planning.
You can be quite creative with the items they give you to play with.
Everything is re-sizeable and can be colored.
I used a "tables" to represent my spare swamper tires and my bunk, a resized "pond" to represent my shower and sink and patio tile as my vinyl flooring.....
Have fun. Hope it helps someone.

(I used windows snipping tool to save my final plans)
"The difference between Adversity and Adventure - is Attitude!"
4x4chvy
Teardrop Builder

Postby vtx1029 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:37 am

Don't hold out on us lets see some pictures :lol:
vtx1029
Teardrop Master

Don't hold your breath...

Postby 4x4chvy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:42 am

waiting for my pics :roll:
I've had to change my floor plan 5 times now and I'm on my third bunk design (just found out the side walls are not square to the floor)
Perfectionist / mad scientist with a need to constantly modify, tweak and re-engineer everything. (icon is my Chevy)

Thankfully I have a huge tote full of Legos to work with - or I'd have a giant pile of brand new scrap wood.
What works on paper and in theory, does not necessarily work in reality.
Mechanical is easy for me. Wood working? I'd rather eat lima beans. I've already drilled a hole in my finger with a phillips bit & the 18v, cut into a pinky finger and halfway thru the nail with the sawzall. Looks more like the set of a slasher movie than a work area. Note: blood will sand off once it's dry.
:lol:

I'll be traveling from FL to AZ. I won't be able to mess with it once it's done, so getting it right the first time is important.
I've only got a light duty 6 x 12 V nose to work with and it has to stay mainly a CT: for hauling tools, 6 ft ladder, equipment, large truck parts & a 29er mountain bike. The bunk & shelves have to be completely and quickly removable, can't put in any cabinets and I must have a shower.

Some days I'm almost irritated enough to velcro the ladder, the spare 38" tire and the mountain bike to the outside walls of the trailer and be done with it. Other days, I figure duct tape oughta do it.
"The difference between Adversity and Adventure - is Attitude!"
4x4chvy
Teardrop Builder

Re: Don't hold your breath...

Postby starleen2 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:59 am

4x4chvy wrote:What works on paper and in theory, does not necessarily work in reality.
Mechanical is easy for me. Wood working? I'd rather eat lima beans. I've already drilled a hole in my finger with a phillips bit & the 18v, cut into a pinky finger and halfway thru the nail with the sawzall. Looks more like the set of a slasher movie than a work area. Note: blood will sand off once it's dry.
:lol:

. . . Some days I'm almost irritated enough to velcro the ladder, the spare 38" tire and the mountain bike to the outside walls of the trailer and be done with it. Other days, I figure duct tape oughta do it.

Gotta love your perspective on all of this! :lol:
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby DavidInPalmetto » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:03 pm

Try Sketchup from Google. I saw someone else use it here and I thought I would give it a try. I watched a few tutorials and created this.
This is just a screen capture but with the program it can be viewed from any 3d angle. The best part is you can measure by the inch and create an exact replication of your ideas. Give it a try I had fun with it.
DavidInPalmetto
Teardrop Builder

Re: Don't hold your breath...

Postby Gonefishin » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:38 pm

4x4chvy wrote: The bunk & shelves have to be completely and quickly removable, can't put in any cabinets and I must have a shower.

I don't have an inside shower, but my entire trailer can be stripped in just a few minutes. Hanging "cabinets" come right out. Mattress and bed frame come out in 10 seconds. Cooking "chuck" box lifts right out. Coolers for food/beverages lift right out. I can make it bare except for some hooks on the walls in just a few minutes!

For a shower, I set up a privy shelter quick and easy outside the trailer. Water stays outside. I use solar shower, but I'm sure some of the smaller water heaters would work as well.

Give it a look. Might find one or two ideas for "portable and non-permanent"
Gonefishin
Donating Member

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions