carry-on trailers?

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

carry-on trailers?

Postby vtx1029 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:18 am

Anyone have experience with them? We are thinking about replacing our current trailer and looking for a 8.5 x 20 v nose to be our new rig. There is a guy near me with some decent pricing. Not sure we may also have one custom made but looking at everything right now.

Anyone know of trailer MFG in or around Minnesota excluding featherlite?

In the end we may end up going down to GA to get a custom one but I'd rather not have to go that far with gas prices creeping up as they are :thumbdown:
vtx1029
Teardrop Master

Postby vreihen » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:58 am

Indiana is a whole lot closer to Minnesota than Georgia is, and has several trailer manufacturers as well.....
vreihen
Teardrop Master

Postby Clint » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:47 pm

I looked at Carry On 6x12's and they looked to be a pretty decent trailer. If I recall, the frame might have been a bit on the light side--good for CT purposes, maybe not so good if one was planning on hauling heavy loads. I was also looking at Pace Journeys at the same time. The Pace had a much nicer back door set up (recessed barn doors), but also cost quite a bit more. The Carry On was a few inches taller than the 72" interior height of the Pace.

Overall, I'd say they are worth checking out, but in the end, get what you want--even if it cost a little more. A few hundred dollars savings won't amount to much if you don't like what you purchased.
Clint
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions