B@tt's 6X14 CTC Toy Hualer

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Postby B@tt » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:58 pm

Back from our trip to SLC, Utah and Miller Motorsports Park. Trailer pulled like a dream. Comfort level was GREAT! It rained for about 70% of the time we were there and many of my friends in tents ended up sleeping in their cars and trucks. I was so thankful to have a dry, heated, lighted trailer to retire to at the end of the long days on the race track.

Sorry, I was so busy and the weather was so wet that I never did get any pictures of the whole set up, but I really do want to thank everybody here for all the great ideas, support, and encouragement. I would have never made it this far without you and this web-site.

More to come as I continue this build. Next up: removable motorcycle wheel chocks, 22" Flat Screen, and of course paneling the ceiling.

again.......

THANK YOU ALL!!!

8) [/u]
B@tt
Teardrop Advisor

Postby pete42 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:32 pm

Makes those of us still dreaming to get off the couch and start building.
glad you had a good time nice and dry
what were your friends thoughts about your trailer?

pete
pete42
Super Lifetime Member

Postby B@tt » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:00 pm

pete42 wrote:Makes those of us still dreaming to get off the couch and start building.
glad you had a good time nice and dry
what were your friends thoughts about your trailer?

pete

I had a lot of compliments. Especially once it started raining. :D

Funny thing was, 4 hrs after I set up next to a full-size RV and 3 other traditional camper/trailers another CTC parked right next to me. Here I was thinking how original I was and "BAM" another one pulls right next to me. It was pretty cool.
B@tt
Teardrop Advisor

Postby java » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:13 pm

love your build!
java
Teardrop Inspector

Postby B@tt » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:49 pm

Made some minor updates this week; nothing to special, but figured I would share just the same.

First off, I came across some scrap sheet-metal so I had a friend cut it to fit my countertop. I really like the stainless steal/brushed aluminum look and seems to go well with the overall theme so I think it will stay that way. Still not sure about adding a sink. Also decided the countertop mounted electrical outlets were just asking for problems so since I was putting a new top, I moved the outlets to the wall.

Next up was probably the most important addition after the bed; I installed my (removable) Motorcycle wheel chock. Probably should have grabbed a pick of it by itself, but here is a pic with the bike in the trailer.

Still have to get around to purchasing and installing the ply for/on the ceiling. After that its time to shop for a generator. (Thinking Yamaha 2000 watt inverter.)

BTW, when is summer going to get here? This cool weather and rain is putting a damper on my trip planning.
B@tt
Teardrop Advisor

Postby jwhite » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:07 pm

The Honda generator is the only way to go,I also bought the extended run gas tank from a guy on Ebay.
You can refill the gas tank while it's running so you don't have to turn the generator off.
I bought mine used off Craigs list but I would buy a new one without question they are well worth the money.
jwhite
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions