7x16 Conversion from Georgia

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

7x16 Conversion from Georgia

Postby m.colley » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:18 pm

We started with a 7x16 Cynergy Caro trailer.
I painted the floor with a non slip textured deck paint and installed six 5000# D-rings with backing plates to secure the 4 wheeler or RoadKing depending on whats loaded, then it was on to taking down the factory installed plywood and installing the 1" thick closed cell poly insulation.
While insulating I roughed in two interior receptacles on the drivers side wall, one interior receptacle on the passenger side wall as well as three exterior receptacles. Wiring was done with 12/2 w ground romex since I had it on hand. I made a decision to change the way I rehung the plywood opting to run my seams vertical rather then horizontal for a more finished look later on.
I temporarily hung a few panels while I wait for my low voltage 12awg wire to get here and a few interior test lights before I button up the long walls for the last (hopefully) time. The ceiling came insulated from the factory but I've added an additional inch of insulation to the ceiling except in a few spots where I ran short till buying two more sheets. Next comes finishing the ceiling insulation and finished ceiling panels, running my 12V wires for the ceiling and wall lights and deciding where to put my light switches and dimmers for the LED strip lights.

Martin
m.colley
The 300 Club

Re: 7x16 Conversion from Georgia

Postby chiefairwrench » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:12 am

Like your progress. Did you put the window in yourself? what size is it?
chiefairwrench
Teardrop Master

Postby m.colley » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:55 am

chiefairwrench wrote:Like your progress. Did you put the window in yourself? what size is it?

No Chief, its one of the options I had installed from the factory when I bought it. Its a 30x15 slider. After seeing how they installed it, I wish my welding skills weren't so rusty. Eventually I'll end up installing another window or two of my own. The factory price wasn't bad ($125.00) and now in hindsight I should have had them install another one.

Martin
m.colley
The 300 Club

Postby chiefairwrench » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:35 pm

Same here I think I am just going to install a door one for right now I know I am going to regret it but funds and weight is where I am at I did saw a small one i can install between the supports keeping a eye on that one.
chiefairwrench
Teardrop Master

Postby m.colley » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:03 pm

All of my interior LED lights came in and I started running all of my 12v DC wiring today.
These will be installed on the ceiling, I bought one originally to test them out before buying a second, Yes they're bright, atleast to me. They're 3200K warm whites,540 Lumens
I bought two sets of these LED strips to install at the ceiling/wall edge, one on each side just a little over 16 feet long per set
All the lights will be controlled by these dimmers
one dimmer for each set of strips and one dimmer will control the overheads. I pulled 100+ feet of 12awg wire to wire them all up. The ceiling lights share a common ground/n4egative and a common positive from the dimmer outputs. The LED strips are wired individually, on both the input and output side of the dimmers.

I managed to get the ceiling furring strips cut and partially run and ran out of time before dark set in. Tomorrow I hope to get the remaining ceiling insulation done and get started on the interior wainscoting.

Martin
m.colley
The 300 Club

Postby chiefairwrench » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:25 pm

Just checking up on you have you made anymore progress? :beer:
chiefairwrench
Teardrop Master

Postby m.colley » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:26 pm

chiefairwrench wrote:Just checking up on you have you made anymore progress? :beer:

Yes I have, but I'm at a standstill right now while I wait for my PD4045 and 12V water pump to get here. As soon as they get here I'll start laying out my cabinets. My ceiling panels are in with the exception of the last piece in the VNose. I'm running a couple of extra 12V wires to the back for loading spotlights and running a couple of exterior speaker wires, then my electrical will be finished. A lot more would have been done towards finishing but I got slammed on taxes this year and had a death in the family so I had to slow down.

My sink and water tank are here so once the other stuff gets here I'll start on my cabinets.. I'll post some pictures of my progress hopefully after this weekend.

Martin
m.colley
The 300 Club

Postby chiefairwrench » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:28 am

Wow you have been busy. Cant wait to see your project when you have time and see your results. Nice touch on the speakers didn't think of that :thumbsup:
chiefairwrench
Teardrop Master

Postby roadinspector » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:42 pm

Looks good! :thumbsup: Gonna try to keep up with your build. I did a 7x16 conversion a few years ago. Still enjoying it. Keep up the good work.
Dadgum it! I cut that board 5 times and it's still too short!
2001 quad-cab Dodge Cummins 3/4 ton camper special, 16x7x7 CT work in progress toyhauler, 01 HD Ultra Classic, 98 HD Heritage Softail, 88 HD 1200 Sportster. viewtopic.php?f=42&t=51510
roadinspector
500 Club

Postby m.colley » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:29 am

roadinspector wrote:Looks good! :thumbsup: Gonna try to keep up with your build. I did a 7x16 conversion a few years ago. Still enjoying it. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Road,
My PD4045 and mu Shurflo water pump made it in this week so I'll start laying out cabinets this weekend if all goes well, hopefully I'll be able to show some progress here on my build with some new pictures. Stay Tuned....

Martin
m.colley
The 300 Club

Postby chiefairwrench » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:56 am

Thats great cant wait to see your progress :thumbsup:
chiefairwrench
Teardrop Master

Postby mgrotel » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:31 pm

Excellent work. I just bought a 7x16 Haulmark and am looking for ideas since I will be hauling my UTV in it and also camping out of it.
What are you using to power the lights and everything? I am guessing a battery, but where will you mount it?
Thanks for sharing.
mgrotel
Teardrop Inspector

Postby m.colley » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:19 pm

mgrotel wrote:Excellent work. I just bought a 7x16 Haulmark and am looking for ideas since I will be hauling my UTV in it and also camping out of it.
What are you using to power the lights and everything? I am guessing a battery, but where will you mount it?
Thanks for sharing.

I'll be using a shore power, generator and batteries and eventually solar. The battery(s) will be mounted in the V-nose area on the floor. All interior and exterior lighting will be 12V as will be most everything else. For now the only things that will run off of 120V will be the AC, possible microwave and infared/ceramic heater during the winter and possible electric blanket if needed. Our hunting land has no power pole installed as of now so the generator will be used as needed during hunting season. Shore power when were camping at the state parks and ATV parks we ride at along with the half dozen or so motorcycle campgrounds and rallies we go to every year. There are a few Florida and Georgia National Forest campgrounds we want to check out this year as well..

Martin
m.colley
The 300 Club

Postby flboy » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:44 pm

I like your build. Anxious to see the cabinets. I'll be starting that type work on my CTC in a few weeks. Keep posting the pics. :thumbsup:
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby m.colley » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:45 pm

flboy wrote:I like your build. Anxious to see the cabinets. I'll be starting that type work on my CTC in a few weeks. Keep posting the pics. :thumbsup:

Hey don,
Started on my cabinets finally and hope to have some updated pictures to share by this weekend to show the progress I'm making. I've been working a couple hours in the evening after work as time and the heat allows me to. I stopped for a while this evening and jumped ahead of myself and built a cabinet door to cover the battery compartment and it came out pretty damn good, it surprised the heck out of me, hell even the wife liked the style and looks of it.

Martin
m.colley
The 300 Club

Next

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions