7'*18' V-Nose Cargo Trailer Toy Hauler Conversion

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: 7'*18' V-Nose Cargo Trailer Toy Hauler Conversion

Postby flboy » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:17 pm

featherliteCT1 wrote:flboy,

How did you affix your buss bars to your junction box? Did you use glue? If so, what kind of glue? If you already covered this matter elsewhere, sorry, I missed it. Below is your photo to which I am referring.

Thank you,

The wires themselves are very stiff and keep the buss bars in place, but I did epoxy the bottom down with a clear 2 part epoxy... probably didn't even need that. They cannot go anywhere and the wire will keep the two bars apart.
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby featherliteCT1 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:52 am

[/quote]

The wires themselves are very stiff and keep the buss bars in place, but I did epoxy the bottom down with a clear 2 part epoxy... probably didn't even need that. They cannot go anywhere and the wire will keep the two bars apart.[/quote]

Thanks, I will probably do the same.
featherliteCT1
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby flboy » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:02 pm

Finally had some time to install my new water heater today. Going camping and riding my dirtbike on the 27th for a few days before New Years eve. The family will be going home, my wife has to work a few days, so I may as well go to the woods. Will miss my riding friend this time. Flying solo again. :(

In any case, will need that hot water. :-)

Merry Christmas all!

ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby McDave » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:04 am

Hey Don,
Kids are coming home for Christmas? That's good stuff Grandpa. Little ones make it fun again, enjoy that.
Spankin new H2o heater. Should be good for another 20yrs. Just remember, it's a fine line between washin it and just having fun....just sayin'
Anyways, Merry Christmas Mr. Smith. Have a good time out there and be careful. We'll talk to you next year.

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:07 am

Hey Don. Nice new water heater you got there. Always something to do isn't there? I finally finished unloading the CT yesterday from the last time we went. I did add water to the black tank and tossed in another blue pak like you said. Should get me buy till we can flush it. To my surprise the toilet bowl had a pretty good amount of black mold growing in it. I don't think its from the partially full BT but just because of moister and the fact the lid was closed for many weeks.

Man I wish I could go with you on the 27th. Still laid up. Pins don't come out till FEB. 1ST. 12 weeks total. I really don't know if I ever will be able to grab the throttle again. Seriously. Progress is very slow and nearly unbearable pain during the PT sessions. They strap the fingers down all the way into a fist but it takes a while. I bring a rag to bite on and try hard not to yell out. The longest hour of the day.

Well have fun. Don't count me out. I will always camp even if I cant ride. Just might take till next November maybe.

guess I don't have to say be careful. But I will say it anyway. BE CAREFUL. :) Have fun. Wish I was going. :beer:
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby Padilen » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:32 am

Hi Tommy, the mold isn't from anything other than moisture. I have the same problem in my house! I have 2 bathrooms only use one, the other turns black. Im often cleaning an unused toilet.
Sounds like PT for you is like it's always been for me. But stick with it, they do know how to get the most out of it for you.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:55 am

Thanks Padilen for the info. I was hoping that was the case with the BT.

Sorry to hear you have to endure the PT also. It is a challenge isn't it.

Its amazing what you can do with one hand if you HAVE to. I was able to dice an onion yesterday by using my elbow. Still havnt figured how to tie my shoes yet but may have to get a pair with Velcro laces. :thinking:
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby hankaye » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:34 am

Tommy B. Howdy;

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!! Good to hear that you are making progress! Been through the one handed
thing a few times and found that if you just get the shoes/sneakers/footwear tied loose enough
to be able to slip the footwear on an off then you are set to go. Doesn't work on lace up boots
unless you're ok with the bits that go upwards floppin' around. just make sure the extra lacing
gets secured so ya don't trip and fall on yer mug.

Be sure to listen to the PT folks, and don't try to be an over achiever, can do more harm then good.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby jr9744 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:47 am

flboy wrote:Finally had some time to install my new water heater today. Going camping and riding my dirtbike on the 27th for a few days before New Years eve. The family will be going home, my wife has to work a few days, so I may as well go to the woods. Will miss my riding friend this time. Flying solo again. :(

In any case, will need that hot water. :-)

Merry Christmas all!

ImageImageImageImage

What type/brand of water heater is that? Will it give consistent hot water?

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
7x7x16 V Nose Travel Trailer, First Build...In Progress
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=68569
jr9744
Teardrop Master

Postby flboy » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:19 pm

McDave wrote:Hey Don,
Kids are coming home for Christmas? That's good stuff Grandpa. Little ones make it fun again, enjoy that.
Spankin new H2o heater. Should be good for another 20yrs. Just remember, it's a fine line between washin it and just having fun....just sayin'
Anyways, Merry Christmas Mr. Smith. Have a good time out there and be careful. We'll talk to you next year.

McDave

Yes, had all three of my Children and my two grandson's all under the same roof Christmas morning. My wife was in heaven. I really just enjoyed watching them all interact and enjoy each other's company. It was a great time. Thanks. I hope you had a great Christmas also.

I pressurized the system this afternoon and no leaks.. so the mechanical/plumbing part of the install went well. I will test it out on my camping trip. I haven't fired it up yet.. so I am taking a chance. But I would not have had time to fix it before I leave tomorrow anyhow. I never did find out where the crack was on the old tank. All the foam insulation was dry and no leaks inside, so it almost had to be inside the flame tube since it drained outside and there are no visible cracks.
Last edited by flboy on Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby flboy » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:33 pm

Tommy B wrote:Hey Don. Nice new water heater you got there. Always something to do isn't there? I finally finished unloading the CT yesterday from the last time we went. I did add water to the black tank and tossed in another blue pak like you said. Should get me buy till we can flush it. To my surprise the toilet bowl had a pretty good amount of black mold growing in it. I don't think its from the partially full BT but just because of moister and the fact the lid was closed for many weeks.

Man I wish I could go with you on the 27th. Still laid up. Pins don't come out till FEB. 1ST. 12 weeks total. I really don't know if I ever will be able to grab the throttle again. Seriously. Progress is very slow and nearly unbearable pain during the PT sessions. They strap the fingers down all the way into a fist but it takes a while. I bring a rag to bite on and try hard not to yell out. The longest hour of the day.

Well have fun. Don't count me out. I will always camp even if I cant ride. Just might take till next November maybe.

guess I don't have to say be careful. But I will say it anyway. BE CAREFUL. :) Have fun. Wish I was going. :beer:

Looking forward to when you can camp again. Feb. 1 will be here before you know it. I am sure you'll be glad to have that hardware off.

Let me know when you want me to come over and empty that tank. I will be back in town on the 30th. Planning on Alexander Springs and riding the South end of the Forest. I am most familiar with that side anyhow.
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby flboy » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:44 pm

jr9744 wrote:What type/brand of water heater is that? Will it give consistent hot water?

Hi Jr9744. The water heater is a 6 gallon Atwood GC6AA-10E that runs from Propane or 1500W Electric or both at same time for super fast recovery. It is not Hot Water on Demand that is theoretically endless. However, with 6 gallons of Hot water and cutting it with colder water to make it comfortable for the shower, I have never come close to running out. In fact... when boon docking, you really don't want to use even 6 gallons for a shower due to conservation. With full hookups, I have taken normal length showers an not run out, but I am sure it is possible.

I like the electric option for when I have hookups since I can save the propane. Really the best of both worlds.
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby jr9744 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:41 am

flboy wrote:
jr9744 wrote:What type/brand of water heater is that? Will it give consistent hot water?

Hi Jr9744. The water heater is a 6 gallon Atwood GC6AA-10E that runs from Propane or 1500W Electric or both at same time for super fast recovery. It is not Hot Water on Demand that is theoretically endless. However, with 6 gallons of Hot water and cutting it with colder water to make it comfortable for the shower, I have never come close to running out. In fact... when boon docking, you really don't want to use even 6 gallons for a shower due to conservation. With full hookups, I have taken normal length showers an not run out, but I am sure it is possible.

I like the electric option for when I have hookups since I can save the propane. Really the best of both worlds.
I have this on my list. It is pricey! I'm gonna see if I can get my ecotemp to an acceptable level. If not..this is a contender. Let me know how you like it after some use.

7x7x16 V Nose Travel Trailer, First Build...In Progress
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=68569
jr9744
Teardrop Master

Postby flboy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:27 am

I'll bet the Eco temp on demand hot water heater will do the job well for you.

I probably would have used an on demand type to start with except I had the first Atwood and made use of it. I got it for free from a donor camper along with alot of other things I reused after some refurb. The tank developed a leak somewhere unfortunately.

I had to replace with a like unit since I am a bit comitted with the existing hole and etc. already there in my trailer.

They do work nicely in any case.

Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby hankaye » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:38 am

flboy, Howdy;

Don, wise choice with the Atwood, they have a non-corrosive interior therefore eliminating the need for an Anode
like the Suburbans do.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions