HALLMARK 6X12 CONVERSION

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: HALLMARK 6X12 CONVERSION

Postby Tommy B » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:22 am

Well if we ever did get together....I know where it wont be! Lake Delancey a no go. No camp host means the wild west, azz holes blaring loud rap music into the night, running loud generators full out all night and loud drunken rude conversation that echoes above it all, well into the night. Never fails it seems. :x

Sunday through Thursdays are the best it seems about any where really. Hat- field Mcoy comes to mind as I have been there a few times and it is beautiful up there. The food and water suck though. Then there is Highland Park but I have never been there. Heard its no fun if its wet because of the red clay is slick as snot. would have to be the east coast for me. Colorado and Oregon or Utah would be awesome but I work and don't get enough time off. Yet any way.

Any body have a large track of land in the south eaast mountains that has some duel sport/ATV potential Please speak up! Water and electric would be nice and a dump station too! 8)

Im dreamin aint I? :beer:

I still really may not be able to ride any thing though but would love to camp and hang out with you all one day. 8)
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby flboy » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:03 pm

Tommy, I filled and flushed my BW and GW tanks this weekend while I sanitized my FW system. Hardly anything came out after these 2 years. This tells me that the chemicals are breaking down any solids and enough water from flushing and etc. allows for a very good draining when I dump after camping. So now I know. Probably will do this every now and then, but certainly nothing to worry about doing regularly, especially since there are no level sensors to get gummed up.

Also got the external 110VAC and 12VDC outlets cut in.

Let me know when you want to tackle your Aux. Tank hookup. I'll troubleshoot your lighting/wiring issue then also

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:49 am

flboy wrote:Tommy, I filled and flushed my BW and GW tanks this weekend while I sanitized my FW system. Hardly anything came out after these 2 years. This tells me that the chemicals are breaking down any solids and enough water from flushing and etc. allows for a very good draining when I dump after camping. So now I know. Probably will do this every now and then, but certainly nothing to worry about doing regularly, especially since there are no level sensors to get gummed up.

Also got the external 110VAC and 12VDC outlets cut in.

Let me know when you want to tackle your Aux. Tank hookup. I'll troubleshoot your lighting/wiring issue then also

Great news! That means mine is good to go too as I always add some dawn and one 15 gallon flush after every dump. I can also hold the flush peddle down and look in side and I see nothing but bottom. What did you sanitize the FW tank with? I have used 1/3 coup bleach per the 20 gallons maybe twice in two years. Add bleach, run faucets and toilet, let sit 24 hours, drain, fill straight water, drain again. Is that ok?

Thanks also I would appreciate your help on the other stuff too. :thumbsup:
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby hankaye » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:13 am

Tommy B. Howdy;

You have the fresh water bit down pat. Just remember to run the water until the sent of chlorine is gone.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby flboy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:24 am

That is roughly how I did it, except I left the bleach water in the pipes. Will flush them just before next use by turning on tbe faucets and letting some water run through. I did fill the tanks up again and let them drain.

Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:14 am

Thanks guys.

I feel even though the bleach is diluted it still is maybe corrosive to the pex tubing, faucet rubber washers, etc. Long term any way. I personally would not leave it in the system any longer than 24-48 hours. Definitely not in the crapper because of the flapper seal. Just my 10 cents.

Don, I think I will call fergusons and see if they will flip my axle. Mainly because it will make dumping and operating the blade valve easier in addition to the obvious other advantages. your rig looks great with that modification. Still hunting for that drain access in the front yard. Man that would be great for dumping at home.

On a side note, I believe I can shoot all my guns left handed but need to go down to the range and see. 22 rifle has no kick but need a vertical forward grip I think as my wrist will not bend that way yet. Am a little concerned about ejecting brass though. Any left handed gun enthusiasts have any advice out there? :thinking:
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby flboy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:53 am

I am not sure if it is enough chlorine to be concerned about given the dillution, but good point... I may just go ahead and purge the lines too. I never drink that water anyhow.. just for showers, dishes, and flushing. I bring drinking water in separate containers, but do not want to impact reliability of the components.

Btw. I bought a spare water pump to keep in the cabinet. They will break when you need them most. Mine works fine, but was recovered from a donor trailer. I will run it until it dies, but I can swap it out quickly in the field if it dies.

Thanks Tommy!

Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby hankaye » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:21 pm

Hey Guys (Don & Tommy), Howdy;

:thinking:
Think about your everyday water you get delivered to y'all's homes.
It's treated by your local water treatment facility right(?), well,
they use chlorine and a few other chemicals to bring it into compliance,
right? How are the seals and such at home ???

I've used the water from my tank on occasion, power goes out here at
the Park. I have about 35 gal. tucked up under the trailer that gets used
sometimes... I treat the tank twice a year just like Tommy does, the only
difference is here it's well water. I use the smell as notice that the treated
water has reached "that" tap. Then I shut off the pump and flush my lines
with regular water and go about my regular routine, next day I drain the tank
and refill it flush the lines again with the pump when chlorine smell goes away
I know the system is clear. Easy-peasy.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby John61CT » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:12 am

in my S&B I have a 150yo feed from a spring up the hill flowing into an open stone-lined cistern in our mud room.

99% of the supply flows on down below my house.

Sweet, ice cold and clear year round, tastes as good as Manhattan tap water where I grew up.

Kids have to get their flouride via tablets, never see any chlorine.
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Tommy B » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:40 am

John61CT wrote:in my S&B I have a 150yo feed from a spring up the hill flowing into an open stone-lined cistern in our mud room.

Sweet, ice cold and clear year round, tastes as good as Manhattan tap water where I grew up.

John, that is incredible. So you have no water bill? :thinking: Florida water is terrible. Chlorinated or sulfur tasting. Pizza crust is so different than up north. Among other food stuffs. Man you should bottle and sell it! I read Aquafina is one of the very few brands that are fluoride free and recommended as such. Don't know if its true but Its what I buy. At any rate, Ill take a case! :)
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby McDave » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:05 am

John61CT wrote:in my S&B I have a 150yo feed from a spring up the hill flowing into an open stone-lined cistern in our mud room.

Manhattan, Montana?

That is good water.

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:27 pm

Ahh, so I have been wanting to move this T.V mount further back in the C.T and finally got around to messing with it. I will try it there I think. Treating the 20 gal. fresh tank again with bleach. November is coming. Camping is right around the corner, I keep telling my self. Got to move a few things and tidy it all up but I like it there, for now. Still a lot to tweak though but all in good time.
Attachments
20180827_183227 (Custom).jpg
20180827_183227 (Custom).jpg (120.57 KiB) Viewed 3452 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby John61CT » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:35 pm

Tommy B wrote: I'll take a case! :)

BYOB next time you're travelling by land between NYC and MA/VT.
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby flboy » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:13 pm

Tommy B wrote:Ahh, so I have been wanting to move this T.V mount further back in the C.T and finally got around to messing with it. I will try it there I think. Treating the 20 gal. fresh tank again with bleach. November is coming. Camping is right around the corner, I keep telling my self. Got to move a few things and tidy it all up but I like it there, for now. Still a lot to tweak though but all in good time.

It is on the calendar! Hopefully you can ride the roads on the KTM... if not... just some good old camping! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:08 am

I'd like to mount mine, instead of hauling it in a tote.
A ceiling mount that allows it to be flat against the ceiling when not watching it.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Padilen
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions