HALLMARK 6X12 CONVERSION

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: HALLMARK 6X12 CONVERSION

Postby hankaye » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:01 am

Tommy B. Howdy;

Good to see ya back on the forum again. :applause:

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Tommy B » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:38 pm

Padilen wrote:I'd like to mount mine, instead of hauling it in a tote.
A ceiling mount that allows it to be flat against the ceiling when not watching it.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Yes I did consider that Padilen but those mounts seemed to hang down a bit to much and I would have hit my head on it. I seem prone to stuff like that!

Yes drinking that Miller Pilsner beer now. Less carbs. Got to get in shape for the season.

Ok Don on those dates. Should have 2 months post op to recover. Fore finger and Ring finger so maybe I can grip that throttle a little better. Going to take 3-4 surgery's if it goes well. But I will be there. I actually told Collin to sell the KTM but called him right back and said DONT DO IT! I just cant bear to do it even though I still don't know if I will ever be able to ride again. Man I so miss that adrenalin rush and being in the grove.

Oh hey Hank. Thank you sir.

Well got to go vote so later every body!
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby Tommy B » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:16 pm

OK, Kicked it back some and that's it. I now have room for a window perhaps. I have the summer dull drums and its great to be back in the C.T. So much to improve. I like this set up and want to add a window. We will see. :thinking:

I would like to see that whole right side gutted and redone. Window, TV. Improved wiring. :thinking:
Attachments
20180828_191219 (Custom).jpg
20180828_191219 (Custom).jpg (103.36 KiB) Viewed 4652 times
20180828_192135 (Custom).jpg
20180828_192135 (Custom).jpg (105.45 KiB) Viewed 4652 times
20180828_191004 (Custom).jpg
20180828_191004 (Custom).jpg (137.44 KiB) Viewed 4652 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby flboy » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:46 pm

Tommy... are you in the backyard hanging out in the CTC? I would never do something like that! ;) ;)

Hey... did you ever fix that run of wire that was causing your trailer lights to be intermittent? If you need me to, I will come by and fix it up before the Nov. trip. Just let me know.
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:57 pm

flboy wrote:Tommy... are you in the backyard hanging out in the CTC? I would never do something like that! ;) ;)

Hey... did you ever fix that run of wire that was causing your trailer lights to be intermittent? If you need me to, I will come by and fix it up before the Nov. trip. Just let me know.

:roll: WHO ME! :lol: Yes. The AC is really kicking butt so its easy to hang out and just tinker and dream a little. I forgot what a man cave it really is. Great full to have it. Don I do still need to go over that wiring problem before November so we will have to get together and trouble shoot this. Two people will make it quick. BUT... If I can get approval from the warden I Really want to put a window in and I feel it would not be too hard to do it I may need some support there. One day or five. :D

I still need to have fergusons flip the axle too and that will be very soon. Anyway Don talk at ya soon. :beer:
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby McDave » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:19 pm

Well Hey there Tommy,
Sounds like you are doing much better. That's great! It is nice to have a man cave sometimes for sure. Our camping season is winding down as yours is just gettin' started. So good to hear from ya. Good to hear that rooftop A/C is "kickin' butt" in Florida. Keep on the Sunny Side my friend.

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:39 pm

Good to know, Thanks Tommy.
I did wonder how tight -low profile they'd be.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby flboy » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:00 pm

Tommy B wrote: Don I do still need to go over that wiring problem before November so we will have to get together and trouble shoot this. Two people will make it quick. BUT... If I can get approval from the warden I Really want to put a window in and I feel it would not be too hard to do it I may need some support there. One day or five. :D

I still need to have fergusons flip the axle too and that will be very soon. Anyway Don talk at ya soon. :beer:

Ok.. let's pick a weekend to work on the CTC. I have been working on one of my rentals for the last few weekends prior to my trip last weekend to do that Smokey Mt. 500 ride. I had a long term tenant move out, so i had a lot of work to do. It is all done and re-rented now, so I will have some spare time on the weekends.

I'll fix that wire.. should be a quick job. If you decide to put a window in, we can do that also.

Have you decided if you are going to insulate at all this season.. or for a future time? I don't think it would be that hard except the one wall that the bed is on. It is really built out.... but the ceiling, the wall the TV is on, underneath, the ramp, and etc. would probably not be that hard. Maybe could figure a way to blow in insulation on that one side? Anyhow.. if you think you want to tackle that at some point.. I'll help . I don't think the cooling is an issue with your larger AC and especially since you prefer not to camp in the summer when it is needed, but since you like to camp in the Winter the most, I was thinking the insulation would help mitigate the condensation you are experiencing on the colder nights. Maybe just the ceiling alone, would do the most there?

In any case, glad you are getting some enjoyment out of it. They are a nice man cave to retreat to once in a while. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looking forward to some CTC camping this Winter for sure. I may be doing some one nighters over to Kissimmee Prairie and Blue Cypress on my KTM-690R in between. I need to shake out all my gear and etc. I plan to take with me on the TAT next June and figure out exactly what I need and do not need. Definitely will be minimalist camping like out of a backpack. If you wanted to pull out for a night with the CTC... could do that any Friday night... Just a thought.
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:51 pm

Don I will be dropping off the CT Sept. 13 @ Ferguson's for an axle flip. :D Between that and Sept 27 surgery date, there is very little weekend time left in between. Better aim for 2nd week in OCT? Give me two weeks to recover post op. Unless my condition goes south then well who knows. As soon as Colin returns my KTM I will return your front tire too. Could be this weekend as it is finished.

Wiring issue only for now until I see how this hand/RSD post op situation turns out. :worship: BTW, love that new ORANGE BEAST! You will have to fill me in on that adventure ride in the Carolinas. Jeeze your livin my dream on your KTM. :cry:

:lol: :lol:
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby flboy » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:47 pm

I will check up on you in early Oct. to work on the CTC then. You will like the flipped axle.. will not need to worry about Blackwater tank clearance after that.

The SM500 was great. 518 miles through NC,TN, and GA over 3 days. Good mix of forest roads, logging roads, and tight twisty backroads. Beautiful mountains, stream crossings and etc. I also got real comfortable on the 690R. It is a beast. Need to excercise wrist control, especially in the tight stuff. Here is a pic of the 690R with my Victory.

My two dream bikes. I will wake up at any time now. :-) Still keeping the 450EXC however, it is a much better pure woods/dirt bike and I still have not got that out of my system yet. 690R will be what I travel with when solo in the CTC for extended periods next year since it is a good comprise of dirt/offroad and street if needed. The Victory is my street cruiser... just a comfortable go to dinner, bike week, rally, etc. bike

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:35 am

omg. :shock:

:D :D
Attachments
TOM.jpg
TOM.jpg (12.19 KiB) Viewed 4512 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby Tommy B » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Ok, this has been BIG on the list. Don himself dug for hours to no avail. Don't ever bury money in your back yard! I Will leave it at that. I spent a couple hours scouring over decades of old pics to find that dam pipe. Also many hours probing with a screw driver. But there it is. It will be a shrine when Im done with it. Right between the two trees, 165 degrees, 12 and one half paces, keeping the old oak to the left of course. ARRRHH. :beer:
Attachments
20180903_151331 (Custom).jpg
20180903_151331 (Custom).jpg (140.93 KiB) Viewed 4462 times
20180903_151447 (Custom).jpg
20180903_151447 (Custom).jpg (191.46 KiB) Viewed 4462 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby hankaye » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:32 pm

Tommy B. Howdy;

Thought it were more of stumble, stumble, stumble, fall ... roll, roll, roll,
crawl, crawl ... stagger, stagger, stagger or something like such, ... dunno,
my "Yellowbeard" my be off :thinking: arrrgggg ;) . What we huntin' for???

hank

PS. This time before ya cover it mark it with your GPS.
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby flboy » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:25 pm

Alright Tommy! Found that pipe. Was it even close to where I was digging? Nice to have a Dump station in your front yard now! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That pipe was a good bit above the lawn? Did you put fill in your front yard? That is a lot to cover up?

BTW.. what happened? You looked younger back then? I bet I did too... Time is hard on all of us!

Also, is that a Wahoo? I don't think I have ever caught one of those. Nice looking fish!
Last edited by flboy on Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:47 pm

flboy wrote:Alright Tommy! Found that pipe. Was it even close to where I was digging? Nice to have a Dump station in your front yard now! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That pipe was a good bit above the lawn? Did you put fill in your front yard? That is a lot to cover up?

BTW.. what happened? You looked younger back then? I bet I did too... Time is hard on all of us!

I dunno what the hell happened Don. That pic is like 15 yrs old. I felt punched in the gut when I found it but seeing that pipe made it better. Time flys by. Life sure comes at you fast brother.

Yes no more salt springs Sunday dump! :applause: Riding the TTR around some local but will be set back a bit on the 27 again.
Tommy B
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions