HALLMARK 6X12 CONVERSION

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: HALLMARK 6X12 CONVERSION

Postby flboy » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:51 pm

Tommy B wrote:
flboy wrote:Alright Tommy! Found that pipe. Was it even close to where I was digging? Nice to have a Dump station in your front yard now! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That pipe was a good bit above the lawn? Did you put fill in your front yard? That is a lot to cover up?

BTW.. what happened? You looked younger back then? I bet I did too... Time is hard on all of us!

I dunno what the hell happened Don. That pic is like 15 yrs old. I felt punched in the gut when I found it but seeing that pipe made it better. Time flys by. Life sure comes at you fast brother.

Yes no more salt springs Sunday dump! :applause: Riding the TTR around some local but will be set back a bit on the 27 again.

I hate looking at old pictures too. Time sure flew by and I look so much older, but don't really feel that way. But many good days to look forward to also!

Not going to be able to make the 27th? Set back with the hand?
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby hankaye » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:27 am

Tommy B. Howdy;

Ok, I see it in the 'old' photo, looks to be about 10' from the road edge and about 18' to 20' from edge of driveway.
Is that a clean-out for the house septic system? Just being curious.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Tommy B » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:08 am

hankaye wrote:Tommy B. Howdy;

Ok, I see it in the 'old' photo, looks to be about 10' from the road edge and about 18' to 20' from edge of driveway.
Is that a clean-out for the house septic system? Just being curious.

hank

Hello Hank. Yes that's what it is. I ran over it many years back and fixed it but when I filled in the dirt it was a tad too low. Over the years it just disappeared slowly. I always thought I new right where it was if I ever had to find it. NOT SO! :? I could have sworn on my mothers grave I new right where it was. Ah well. The C.T will actually tilt towards the pipe wile dumping! Might be a code violation though. :roll: Have to look in to that, 8)

Don sept 27 for the small finger surgery. Cant wait. I am still on for November and will ride the KTM this time as best I can. I have to try. Looking forward to it very much. :beer:
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby Padilen » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:19 am

Yep gotta try. My TSE is to tall but I had to give it a test ride.
As for the code- don't ask don't tell

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:58 pm

After work work. But it will be so worth it in the end. :beer:

Need some sod delivered but that's it.
Attachments
20180904_193601 (Custom).jpg
20180904_193601 (Custom).jpg (166.85 KiB) Viewed 3469 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby flboy » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:39 pm

Nice work Tommy! That is in the perfect spot to dump the tank before you park the CTC in the backyard. I will probably test out my macerator through the 3/4" garden hose method next time it is not convenient to dump after a boondocking trip.

Don't worry about sod. Just throw some of the quick seed (Rye I believe) on there and it will be green while the St. Augustine takes it over. My backyard was all tore up last winter, it is about totally recovered now. All I did was water and fertilize. It looks like you dug up a lot more area than needed though?
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:26 am

flboy wrote:Nice work Tommy! That is in the perfect spot to dump the tank before you park the CTC in the backyard. I will probably test out my macerator through the 3/4" garden hose method next time it is not convenient to dump after a boondocking trip.

Don't worry about sod. Just throw some of the quick seed (Rye I believe) on there and it will be green while the St. Augustine takes it over. My backyard was all tore up last winter, it is about totally recovered now. All I did was water and fertilize. It looks like you dug up a lot more area than needed though?

Don that's a great tip on the grass. I will do just that this weekend and maybe try to come up with something to keep me from hitting or bumping it again with the car, lawn mower, etc. Maybe 4x4 posts 18 inches high or so on ether side. :thinking: Dunno. Concrete block set over it? Has to look good. Any ideas?

Good luck with that poop blender! BUT LISTEN, if you ever need to dump locally you can use mine 24/7 we would have to watch the oak tree though. Your rig sets high.

I got a matt coming from Wal-Mart this week. Sets out side the C.T. No more tarp. AXLE FLIP coming next week. And I am going to get my KTM back this week too!

Now if I can get this hand in shape!

Hello Padilen. Are you riding that beastly looking bike on the trail much? Still good riding weather up there I imagine.
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby hankaye » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:16 pm

TommyB. Howdy;

:thinking: , Why not just extend the pipe up to a few inches above grade in the lawn. Nice White cap should
prevent accidental mower strikes, or set it so the blades spin just over it ... just thinkin' wiff me fingers...

hank
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Padilen » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:40 pm

Get a dog's fire hydrant place it over it

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:03 am

hankaye wrote:TommyB. Howdy;

:thinking: , Why not just extend the pipe up to a few inches above grade in the lawn. Nice White cap should
prevent accidental mower strikes, or set it so the blades spin just over it ... just thinkin' wiff me fingers...

hank

Hahaa, If you notice in that one fish pic that I used to locate the pipe, it was 24 inches tall above the lawn post build. I still managed to hit/bump it enough to brake it over the many years. I really wish it had a concrete dome structure much like you see at gas stations where the big tanker trucks fill the station tanks. I considered doing this but it needs to be a discrete set up. But a little land scrapping could hide that. Land scrapping timbers don't last long here as I did consider them. :thinking: on it for now but it will not be complete until I resolve the issue.

However something like this.
Attachments
cover.jpg
cover.jpg (3.66 KiB) Viewed 3409 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby hankaye » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:26 am

TommyB. Howdy;

Plant a Rose bush near enough so ya don't give it a haircut. Their roots aren't as invasive
to plumbing as a Palmetto or Aloe Vera plants. Also, remember, Horse poop is the best
fertilizer for roses according to my G'ma.

hank
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby McDave » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:26 am

Well ya know,
ya gotta keep the HOA happy. One of these on a 6ft post ought to make em' just giddy, don'tcha think?

;)
McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:52 am

McDave wrote:Well ya know,
ya gotta keep the HOA happy. One of these on a 6ft post ought to make em' just giddy, don'tcha think?

;)
McDave

OMG Mcdave, you just kill me :lol:
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby Tommy B » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:37 pm

Well I received my patio/rv matt from Wal-Mart. Very light weight. I am happy but something my wife pointed out. Not too big of a surprise as it is made of what pvc pipe is made of I think. But it is very flammable. Just info and something to :thinking: about when deploying.

Still like straw for a base so that to is flammable. Beats a blue tarp either way.

Axle flip in three days!
Attachments
20180909_175307 (Custom).jpg
20180909_175307 (Custom).jpg (132.97 KiB) Viewed 3311 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby flboy » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:25 pm

Tommy B wrote:Well I received my patio/rv matt from Wal-Mart. Very light weight. I am happy but something my wife pointed out. Not too big of a surprise as it is made of what pvc pipe is made of I think. But it is very flammable. Just info and something to :thinking: about when deploying.

Still like straw for a base so that to is flammable. Beats a blue tarp either way.

Axle flip in three days!

Nice mat!. Just do not set it on fire and you will be fine! :lol: :lol:

I am going to deploy my awning in the yard next weekend and clean it and etc.. Also will probably clean and inspect the roof seals. It has been a few years since I built it now, so probably a good idea to check it out closely.

Can't wait to see the axle flip pics! Going to look good. Should be at least about a 4 inch lift.
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions