HALLMARK 6X12 CONVERSION

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: HALLMARK 6X12 CONVERSION

Postby Rainier70 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:27 am

I used the smallest gold colored screw in cup hooks. They weren't very noticeable or in the way for us. They stuck out about 3/8ths of an inch. In the 6X12 my shower area was in front of the door and had no interior walls. I had two hooks on the front wall ceiling, one just to the side of the door, and one out in the room close to the vent molding. When not in use the curtain just hung along the front wall behind my bench. There was also a porta pottie under the Black Ikea box under the bench. The curtain just stretched out and around for using it at night etc.

When it was stretched out it looked about like this from the inside. This is from my current CT that is 7X16, but the inside of the shower was about the same size.

My current shower is more enclosed and will have two walls of FRP and two that the curtain stretches across. I am still using cup hooks and an elastic cord on the curtain, but the hooks are up high on the walls instead of in the ceiling.

You can see the curtain folded back against two walls in this construction picture.

I have been using the 7X16 CT for two summers now and still don't have the shower area finished. I need to finish the walls and get two sheets of FRP up. :? :oops:
Hopefully sometime this fall if things slow down a bit.
Rainier70
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Tommy B » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:45 am

Ranier,

Much thanks, I will digest this. I like the open squareness of the area. :thinking:

This is a major function of the CT and I want it right. I really want to install the track if it is practicle. I have a pic of the back side of that wall I will post shortly to help with any further advice.
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby Tommy B » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:45 pm

I'm pretty sure this is it. A major candidate at least.

Flexible Curtain Track, Spring Clip Hangers with Grid Clips ( 5 Pack)
Write a Review
$60.00$74.22
You Save: $14.22 (19%)

8 FEET IS APP $77.00

IDK, and will think about it. No big rush. A day or so to think it all out So much other stuff to do. That's it for a while till I male some progress. :beer:
Attachments
TRACKSHOWER.jpg
TRACKSHOWER.jpg (4.46 KiB) Viewed 3599 times
LOOKONE.png
LOOKONE.png (1.44 KiB) Viewed 3602 times
LOOK.jpg
LOOK.jpg (10.09 KiB) Viewed 3602 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby hankaye » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:47 pm

Tommy B. Howdy;

Don't know 'bout you but my wallet is screamin' in favor of something like what
the Lady from the NW has. That plastic stuff looks awful spendy to me when you
can have the same effect for a lot less $$$'s. Just my opinion, take it or leave it
won't cost ya a penny.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Tommy B » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:32 am

hankaye wrote:Tommy B. Howdy;

Don't know 'bout you but my wallet is screamin' in favor of something like what
the Lady from the NW has. That plastic stuff looks awful spendy to me when you
can have the same effect for a lot less $$$'s. Just my opinion, take it or leave it
won't cost ya a penny.

hank

Well I absolutly found it for "flexible curtain track"

Price:
$25.95 FREE One-Day & FREE Returns :shock: Easy Peesee!

Ok that's it. On amazon. Cheap. Will run from behind short wall and into a 36 inch circle and just use my old curtain and tub! Should be more manageable and easy to look at! I like it.

Material: ABS+Metal+Plastic
Curved track used in the U-shaped windows, balconies turn windows, oval windows and other scenery.
There is unique design to reduce the noice when sliding the carriers
Easy to be mounted/bent, It's super flexible so it doesn't matter how sharp or narrow your angles are
Package includes: 1 x 16.5 feet curtain track; Come with 35 rollers, 15 mounting brackets and 30 screws. 2 end stop for the whole track. for cheap on amazon!
Attachments
WALL.jpg
WALL.jpg (139.43 KiB) Viewed 3537 times
HOOPONERESIZE.jpg
HOOPONERESIZE.jpg (87.24 KiB) Viewed 3540 times
HOOPRESIZE.jpg
HOOPRESIZE.jpg (60.74 KiB) Viewed 3540 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby flboy » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:43 am

Tommy, that is what I used for the curtain on my loft bed. Need to be careful with that. It us not very robust. Easy to pull off rollers if you are rough with it.
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:59 am

flboy wrote:Tommy, that is what I used for the curtain on my loft bed. Need to be careful with that. It us not very robust. Easy to pull off rollers if you are rough with it.

Darn, But thanks, Im on it. Not that one for sure. BIG thanks Donnie! :thinking:
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby Tommy B » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:15 pm

Ok time to put this to rest. Cheap, easy and practical. I will use marine grade plastic. West marine sells it, but I will look around. It will be simple to have a quick take down and set up now. I will figure that later.

This is just a rough template. I could use teak, or pine and treat it with Thompsons. But this will be it. I will mount a handle in the center like a garbage can lid for use in mounting and a grab handle while showering.. For Storage, in the blue tub and out the door. Now the shower curtain will be attached to this of course.

Some what original 8)

:beer:

It is NOT screwed in and it will be awesome!
Attachments
hoopstorageresize.jpg
hoopstorageresize.jpg (98.66 KiB) Viewed 3481 times
hoopmountresize.jpg
hoopmountresize.jpg (121.79 KiB) Viewed 3483 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby hankaye » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:03 am

Tommy B. Howdy;

I like the idea, doesn't matter really what I think, but I do. How do you think you'll attach
it to the ceiling? Passing thought I had was when I saw the corners on your rough cut was
something you could twist them into, made from some of your left over T&G. Like a 1/4 turn
quick lock fitting. Sumtin to ponder ...

hank
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Tommy B » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:42 am

hankaye wrote:Tommy B. Howdy;

I like the idea, doesn't matter really what I think, but I do. How do you think you'll attach
it to the ceiling? Passing thought I had was when I saw the corners on your rough cut was
something you could twist them into, made from some of your left over T&G. Like a 1/4 turn
quick lock fitting. Sumtin to ponder ...

hank

:thinking: Well IDK yet but two slots built out and inch from the ceiling. Most likely do to room constraints, they will run front to back. Just slip in the slots and bungee in place. Very simalar Hank to what you invisioned. Better then ever and more portable as the tub and curtain could go out side with a little work. Thats a later upgrade when Don gets back. :D
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby Tommy B » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:00 am

Hey Hank, I see now what you said about the T&G GROOVE. :thinking: I don't think the groove on that T&G would hold up to the continuous in and out of the "shield" BUT the T&G will be perfect for the 2 lateral build out pieces. Thank You!
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby McDave » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:42 am

Did somebody say "Magnets"?.....
just sayin'... ;)

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:41 pm

McDave wrote:Did somebody say "Magnets"?.....
just sayin'... ;)

McDave

Yes I did consider these. They are cheap on amazon, however they have too many drawbacks for me. ISDK, :? but I am closing in. The removable "shield" with center handle attached is a go. I have a large plastic trash can lid never used in my shed that if stiff enough and wide enough in circumfrence may substitute the plywood perfectly. :worship: If so this may change things and make it easy.

Thanks Mcdave and keep you all posted. :beer:
Attachments
lid.jpg
lid.jpg (61.83 KiB) Viewed 3416 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby Tommy B » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:51 pm

by Kingbox
Box King RUB123L Brute Container Flat Lid, 44 gal, 24.25" W x 1.5" H, Gray

4.4 out of 5 stars
2 ratings

Price:
$23.99 & FREE Shipping

:? major ordeal. cant buy just the lid at home depot or lowes. they have 30 44 gallon cans but 0-2 lids if that in the store so Amazon came through. BUT, it is PERFECT in all dimensions! A major break, a perfect lid for the tub and shield for the new ceiling. Quick set up and take down will come to me tonight in my sleep. :worship: Thank you Jesus! And everyone else. Im on it bigly
Attachments
lid.jpg
lid.jpg (30.79 KiB) Viewed 3391 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby hankaye » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:41 pm

Tommy B. Howdy;

Tommy B wrote:Hey Hank, I see now what you said about the T&G GROOVE. :thinking: I don't think the groove on that T&G would hold up to the continuous in and out of the "shield" BUT the T&G will be perfect for the 2 lateral build out pieces. Thank You!

Not 'zactly what I was thinkin'. What ran through my my mind, such as it is, was a spacer
of plywood or something handy and cover with the T&G, leaving a lip (1/2" -9/16"), for
the curtain mount to slide into. I'd go with 3 as one would be the Stop so it lands in the
same position each time. If you have any radius in the ceiling then some sort of hinge
should help with that. Really is difficult without actually seein'n it "Live and in living
color." Toss it around, chunk it against a wall see what sticks an what dosen't. Your
trailer your choices.

hank
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions