HALLMARK 6X12 CONVERSION

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: HALLMARK 6X12 CONVERSION

Postby flboy » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:32 pm

Tommy B wrote:One very important question for you flyboy since your are very local.
Black Tank dumping after Ocala. As best as I can Google, the most convenient place to dump would be in Astor just before the draw bridge. 5 Bucks to fill water tanks and dump black tank. What do you know please.
Thanks

I have never had a black tank yet to dump. I had a porta potty that I dumped at home. I'll have to figure that out also now that I am putting on tanks. I had gray water before, but for the most part, when boon docking, I let it run on the ground. Just brushing teeth and dishes. If I was in a place like Alexander Springs, I had a 12Gal portable tank I rolled under. Again, I'd dump that at home also.. they do have a dump station there however.

I have may stories on SE.. Some good times a few years back . :-)
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:16 am

Flyboy we will have :beer: one day for sure. I have one good friend and his son who will go up to Ocala but that's it. Most people are down on it or disappointed when I do get them up there. Sands too deep. Two way traffic. What ever. I can not handle this heat now jeezus.

Got this done before the storms hit. More in a bit.
Attachments
tank kitty resize.jpg
tank kitty resize.jpg (96.34 KiB) Viewed 3754 times
resize tank hang.jpg
resize tank hang.jpg (72.92 KiB) Viewed 3754 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby Tommy B » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:35 am

Flyboy can not see any of your pics. Must be a browser issue at work Will check my home windows 10 later.
Door shipped Thursday may be hear tomorrow. Will post before and after pics. Door now flimsy and I suspect rotten in side. Will dissect and see. Maybe keep and beef up but for what I don't know.

HUMIDITY is changing everything. Sucks the ambition right out of you. Wood barley makes any saw dust now. When sanding must go deeper into wood to get to hard stuff. Paint now takes nearly all day to dry with two coats. Before it was two hours. Sweat pours off you just walking out to the truck let alone trying to do physical labor. A dozen mosquito bites per leg in minutes unless you wear jeans and its too darn hot for that. Did I mention how much I hate Florida June through the second week of November. :thumbdown:
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby Tommy B » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:56 am

Lastly, I did not finish that 2x4 tank stuff. The right side is hanging as I had to stop cause of the rain. Also I did not brace the back side because it is up against a small portion of cross frame flange and can not move at all unless the tank drops a quarter inch. Just info. I will silicone caulk and paint some more along the 2x4s. Any input is still welcome.
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby Tommy B » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:43 pm

I got it flyboy and maybe Mcdave. google chrome down load at home. Let me digest this. Will be back. Door is in Orlando From Elkhart Indiana If you ever need to order one, anybody.

Very brief look at that current project flyboy and nothing of your orange beast so I need to grab a beer and some chips. I already feel lke trailer trash.
Be back...maybe. :beer:
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby flboy » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:56 pm

I am not sure why you can't see the pics. I know I have issue with that in Tapatalk. Some of the pictures render, but pictures in another folder in Photobucket do not. I am not sure if the issue is with Tapatalk or Photobucket... but I suspect the path is not rendering due to a long file name.

They all seem to work in Chrome and Internet Explorer. Try to right click on a few pictures and then select it to open the link in a new windows. It should open up Photobucket. Let me know if you cannot see the pics that way. They are all in there in about the same order I have been posting them on TNTTT.

On the Tank, you'll have to explain what the 2*4's are for.. I am not understanding by the picture. I thought you had the carriage bolts through the floor of the trailer so the floor would be taking the load? Are the 2*4's just to prevent and lateral movement? If that's the purpose, then that would do it. I am not sure if the forces would be that significant in any case if you have the Carriage Bolts good and tight.. but I'd do the same just to be sure.

The humidity here has gotten heavy over the last few days especially with this tropical storm system nearby. I have lived here in Florida almost my entire life except for a few years I was away in the Army. I have just gotten use to it. Some folks never do. My wife does not consider an Air-conditioner a luxury. It is a "life support" system for her. That's why I am spending the time insulating my CTC so well and getting a smaller 6000 BTU unit that will not short cycle so much and run more than a 13,500 BTU roof mount. You want the AC to run more to remove the humidity without turning the camper into a meat locker. It is a fine art in Florida. :D
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby flboy » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:11 pm

Tommy B wrote:I got it flyboy and maybe Mcdave. google chrome down load at home. Let me digest this. Will be back. Door is in Orlando From Elkhart Indiana If you ever need to order one, anybody.

Very brief look at that current project flyboy and nothing of your orange beast so I need to grab a beer and some chips. I already feel lke trailer trash.
Be back...maybe. :beer:

Can you see the pics now? Not sure if that is what you meant by "got it: above. I don't have any pics of the Orange Beast in my new build pics. Here's one though:

Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:48 pm

wow I can see it ALL now. google down load did it. I don't even have to use chrome now. Awesome.
Hell yeah that's the orange the beast. KTM..kick till Monday baby :lol:
We must ride in November my new orange friend. Your C.T building skills...do you ride as good as you build. Dude how old are you? Cant tell with the shades.
I hope your 40-50. I can ride all day in the 70 degrees and below but 85 and above with the heat index..I wilt in 3-4 hours. Did you shorten those bars? do you have bark busters? I like the tight stuff stuff but its all fun. I'm a C rider. A good C rider though!
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby McDave » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:05 am

Hey Tommy,
Just checking in on ya, Looks like you have been busy, but hey the tank looks MUCH better. She's not goin anywhere now.
I'm fixin to install mine in this week, (That's what I said last week) but between a couple crisis situations with the Harley and now it's Branding season, you can lose track of what day it is. Things got to stacking up so fast it was chaos everywhere. I finally had to pull the plug and just spend the last two days cleaning the shop! I get really angry and frustrated when I can't find any of the dozen or so tape measures I own. Here's a hint, You know yer getting old when your wife starts finding your tools and keys in the fridge! Why would she put em there? That's where you keep WD40 and Jameson, everybody knows that.
On the plus side, I have a whole box full of sunglasses and left hand gloves now.
Just like Michael Jackson... only without all the money and exploding hair.
Anyways, I gotta get movin', before she comes over here and checks my pulse, again.
Alright, y'all play nice.

McDave

PS. Tommy, For the love of Mary, when it gets hot like that, GET INTO A DARK BAR! 9 am is NEVER too early, it's not like you can control the weather. Just sayin'
McDave
Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:10 am

Mcdave you kill me with laughter. Branding calves in Montana sounds like a dream to me. Hard work in cooler climbs, nature, with a mountain view I imagine. Now if I lived out there I would ride the asphalt for sure. I will delve into your build site pics tonight at home. I only figured out the browser issue late in my day yesterday. flyboys C.T is awesome from what Little I've seen. Cant wait to check yours out.

Have ether one of you looked at the valterra flush king? I did purchase it and will show a pic or video, brief one maybe of the flush king hooked up and turned on with out the toilet bolted down yet. This will allow me to know for sure just what is getting blasted and how well it works by looking down into the floor drain and even putting my hand in there while its on. What do you think?

Also that Extreme vent on top. I wanted to get in the trailer close the door, and place a sheet of paper over the floor flange and see if it sucks the paper down and how hard. This will give me an idea of how hard it pulls out the odors. Its windy right now. Again, what do you think and what are you doing for tank flush and vent?

Thanks all.
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby Tommy B » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:22 pm

Florida is not all bad in the summer. Just hotter than...well you know. But there is still this and Hanging out at the inlet on an in coming tide. Plus the pool.

Door to be delivered tomorrow. I don't feel so well. Think I'm going to have to call in sick. ;)
Attachments
WAHOOOOO.jpg
WAHOOOOO.jpg (114.12 KiB) Viewed 3595 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby Tommy B » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:01 pm

Something to think about. This seems to be the best option. Amazon. 12 rolls for 36 bucks or so? Seems steep but a must have. Good reviews on amazon.
Attachments
rv tp.jpg
rv tp.jpg (81.08 KiB) Viewed 3588 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby hankaye » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:34 pm

Tommy B. Howdy;

Tommy B wrote:Mcdave you kill me with laughter. Branding calves in Montana sounds like a dream to me. Hard work in cooler climbs, nature, with a mountain view I imagine. Now if I lived out there I would ride the asphalt for sure. I will delve into your build site pics tonight at home. I only figured out the browser issue late in my day yesterday. flyboys C.T is awesome from what Little I've seen. Cant wait to check yours out.

Have ether one of you looked at the valterra flush king? I did purchase it and will show a pic or video, brief one maybe of the flush king hooked up and turned on with out the toilet bolted down yet. This will allow me to know for sure just what is getting blasted and how well it works by looking down into the floor drain and even putting my hand in there while its on. What do you think?

Also that Extreme vent on top. I wanted to get in the trailer close the door, and place a sheet of paper over the floor flange and see if it sucks the paper down and how hard. This will give me an idea of how hard it pulls out the odors. Its windy right now. Again, what do you think and what are you doing for tank flush and vent?

Thanks all.

Full time RVer here, don't bother with the type like the one you've mentioned, as soon as the clean-out spray hits a corner
all the force is lost. Better off getting a wand that goes in the same way your "deposits" go. Better yet is something like this.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-RV-Torn ... ethod=p13n
I have something like that that came with my RV when I bought it. The spray head spins about spraying the interior of the tank and
is permanently mounted. Just be sure to have a separate hose for the flush system and a Back-flow preventer installed to prevent
siphoning anything from the tank and contaminating the water system you are flushing from. Here's a video from some guy on
Youtube that seems to be slightly OCD about Black tanks (Poo-centric ???). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfTd0Slt_cU
One other thing to remember is a full tank empties better then one with only a small amount in it. If you can elevate the
side opposite the dump valve you can get a little better results.
Good luck with your CT. Looks like you've done some good solid thinkin' and head scratchin' .

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Tommy B » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:14 pm

All experiments a bust. :x :cry: Serious? frocken flush king my... I can pi...Also that roof vent? I will upload a video if I can figure it out plus pics soon. Plastic bag over 4 inch floor cut, 12-20 mile an hour breeze and no pull on the bag..paper,plastic at all. Let me post the pics and video if that's even possible.
I may have missed something. Hang on. May take a bit.
Thanks again Hankster!
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby McDave » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:36 pm

Tommy, Tommy, Tommy, :oops:
To have valid data, one must first examine and control parameters and variables.
Remember, nature abhors a vacuum. if you want to have air flow from the venturi, (low pressure) you must also provide for high pressure to replace exhausted gasses.
Also, thermal dynamics 101, heat rises and cold falls.

You see Tommy, these aren't just good ideas, THEY ARE THE LAW !!!! Learn it, Love it, Live it.......... ;)
But seriously, you have to open a door or the drain valve and let cooler, heavier air replace hotter, lighter air being removed. Remember, the air in the tank may be cooler than the surrounding ambient air temp. It's in the shade under the trailer. Also, in a real life scenario there would be no air flow available at the flange, however air from tank will be displaced thru vent as "matter" is added. Also, the vent allows air to enter tank as "matter" is removed thus preventing pressure differential commonly known as the "thumb over the straw" effect.
The earth and its inhabitants are in a constant state of "flux". They all want to "get even". This is not possible as long the sun provides for uneven heating and cooling cycles. For this young Tommy, is the genesis of all weather phenomena..
Enjoy that.

McDave out.
McDave
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions