HALLMARK 6X12 CONVERSION

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: HALLMARK 6X12 CONVERSION

Postby McDave » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:15 pm

Damn,
That does look good. We just had a week of 30's and 40's and rain and snow. But the sun came out today and we are at 52. Getting on the Harley shortly then going out to see if there is anything left of the garden. Definitely putting some steaks on the grill tonight. Maybe we will get some fall yet this year.. :worship: If you change your mind, my offer stands. I'll help you anytime.

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:37 pm

Oh man I'm done for a bit, but the shower is up magnetically. I will beef it up some when the other magnets arrive. Its ok sturdy now but I should be able to pull a left handed chin up come Wednesday.
Attachments
showercurtainmagnetresize.jpg
showercurtainmagnetresize.jpg (63.93 KiB) Viewed 3667 times
showertuberesize.jpg
showertuberesize.jpg (49.24 KiB) Viewed 3667 times
showerlidmountresize.jpg
showerlidmountresize.jpg (45.04 KiB) Viewed 3667 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby hankaye » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:16 pm

Tommy B. Howdy;

Looking good there Sir. Now ya need some curtains so ya freak out the campground. :frightened: 8) :lol:

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby flboy » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:32 pm

Tommy, did you get the Dicor self leveling sealer on the Solar Cable cover today? How does is look? Should be good with no leaks now.

Not sure I understand the magnet placement in the lid and the large standoff? Said you had something else coming?
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:32 am

flboy wrote:Tommy, did you get the Dicor self leveling sealer on the Solar Cable cover today? How does is look? Should be good with no leaks now.

Not sure I understand the magnet placement in the lid and the large standoff? Said you had something else coming?

Hello all!
I had to stack those magnets for strength. It seemed they might be too week by themselves but when stacked they got noticeably stronger so rather then spread them out it went that way. Just two points of contact. It really is strong and will not come down unless pulled. It can and will be tweaked some but man its simple and practical. Love it.

Don, this is for you, but anyone else check this out, on a daily bases. Forever. Dig into this site, I believe its critical. Some info will be too deep, let it go and soak up what you can. All the info movies. If you have a scientific mind/interest, In what is coming it will blow your mind! :shock: I will not mention it again unless asked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIn7taGfFAo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_zfMyzXqfI

go there! peace.
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby Tommy B » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:13 pm

Speaking of magnets! :cry:

"Some important Notes:
1) With such a magnetic disaster every 12,000 years, the last one 12,000 years ago, and the magnetic field shifting faster and faster now - how can this be ignored? It's almost TOO obvious what is happening right now."
2) We are all survivors, we have the tools to be prepared, and we have our eyes on the sun every day (seriously, every day).
3) This is the 2nd movie this channel is putting out in August 2019.
The 1st, "Plasma Cosmology", can be found here: https://youtu.be/E4pWZGBpWP0
The 3rd, "Climate Forcing", can be found here: https://youtu.be/rEWoPzaDmOA

The Authers word, not mine. Im done now.
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby Tommy B » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:52 am

Ok back on track here!

I wired in a new DC three outlet box in the back there. The TV and Dometic cooler will plug in there and maybe a fan if needed.

That winch controller. Left a ton of wire coiled as I will tweak it location some, is it still necessary? I trimmed off 20 pounds or so when I cut the bed down and have not tried to lift it when fully made so I will wait a bit. I really relied on it post surgery on the hand and still probably will need it. Right now its an eye sore.

I will tackle the floor next. I have no idea but I am past the stage of putting ATVS in side and who knows how much longer for the two wheeler so something nice maybe but tough and water resistant. Need ideas plz. :)

And that awefull looking ramp/rear wall too of course. What a differance that would make.
Good Day!
Attachments
WINCHOUTLET.RESIZE.jpg
WINCHOUTLET.RESIZE.jpg (54.68 KiB) Viewed 3547 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby Tommy B » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:20 pm

still chipin away but nearly done, it is going quick.

the micro closet. I will install bar tomorrow. The third cabinet door is trimmed up and will be installed tomorrow as well.

Now very soon I will go camping. :D

Im not sure what to do with this coil area, but that rear ramp/back wall has got my attention bigly. This weekend I will put something down. :thinking:
Attachments
rearDCoutletresize.jpg
rearDCoutletresize.jpg (58.61 KiB) Viewed 3517 times
microclosetresize.jpg
microclosetresize.jpg (45.99 KiB) Viewed 3517 times
coilresize.jpg
coilresize.jpg (53.51 KiB) Viewed 3517 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby flboy » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:20 pm

Tommy, Ideas for the flooring. There are waterproof composite laminate planks on the market now in a multitude of woodgrain colors and etc. that are commercial quality. I did not see these a few years back or my choice may have been different. You can see them at Home Depot or Lowes. Probably could do your trailer for a $100 or so.

The planks are essentially tongue and groove and will snap in similar to how you did the ceiling, except you stagger the ends by starting every other plank offset by 6 inches or so.

In any case, they look good and are easy to install and very durable these days. There is no wood in them. They are a composite material. Water will not harm.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:41 pm

Sooo, so close to nearly being done...for today..er..well this week anyway..emm for at least a few weeks...`

Quickly, the las t pic, Major leak but IS fixed now. The drainage path was not adequate and I modified it and it flows fine now. Must camp soon. Solo but better then nolo! 8)

Donnie all is really fine now brother, I still must apply Dicor to exterior solor panel wire inlet but I will do it tomarrow.

Lastly I will install a foldable shelve in front of the new AWESOME window.

Peace all!
Attachments
cabin resize five.jpg
cabin resize five.jpg (64.33 KiB) Viewed 3422 times
cabin resize six back view.jpg
cabin resize six back view.jpg (53.53 KiB) Viewed 3422 times
bitch kitty resized five.jpg
bitch kitty resized five.jpg (58.75 KiB) Viewed 3422 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby flboy » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:20 pm

Tommy, Looks great! Huge improvements! Was the leak from where the skin overlap is where we caulked last weekend or was the window just not draining? Glad you fixed it. Sorry I ran out of time this weekend. I am rewiring some lights and etc. at my daughter's house next door and then trying to get my CTC ready for Biketoberfest next weekend. Not enough time in the day I tell you.

I leave next Thursday for Daytona and staying three nights. Then the following Thursday I fly out to Chengdu, China for work and then come back Nov. 2. We need to plan the camp trips for November and December... trying to do one a month.

BTW... I looked at my CTC.. I had no skin overlap anywhere I cut in a hole. Just dumb luck I suppose, but live an learn. If I ever cut in another window and there is overlapping skin, need to head it off with dicor tape in the seam before the window goes in.
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby McDave » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:43 pm

Wow Tommy,
That's a lot of improvements and it looks great! Now get out there and enjoy your hard work.
You did good.

McDave

PS Love the ceiling!
McDave
Donating Member

Postby hankaye » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:23 pm

Tommy B. Howdy;

Agree with McD, Lot of work and work well done. The light from
the window and the wood ceiling really brightened up the interior.

Well Done.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Tommy B » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:52 am

Check!

Thanks all. Really better get a curtain in there like Hank Said!

the LAST must do is figure the shower head attachment and when I figure it out I will post as others may benefit. It must be under the lid, not attached to the lid, and be stable. I think more magnets.

Donnie I will be in touch. Thanx! :beer:
Attachments
roofleakresize.jpg
roofleakresize.jpg (39.69 KiB) Viewed 3348 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby featherliteCT1 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:03 pm

Did the Dicor sealant come in a can so you could pour it on? If so, could you please post the product? Thanks
featherliteCT1
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions