HALLMARK 6X12 CONVERSION

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: HALLMARK 6X12 CONVERSION

Postby Tommy B » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:18 am

Padilen wrote:Nearing 58, o my my that's sooo old.
I am 58, arthritis, fused right ankle, bad bowels, auto immune disease, back and neck issues, shoulder and hand issues.
I'm not done yet, pissed winter came early. I had more riding to do.
My 2020 better be better, no hospital no breaking bikes and a new(used) DRZ, or such better make it into my possession.
Glad, you had a good time and are happy with the "new" CT.
Happy Thanksgiving (late) Merry Christmas and Happy New,

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Padilen, You are hard core! You give me hope. :) That is some list. We are pretty close in age and as it turns out we share some of the same health concerns. I do suffer greatly from IBS also. From midnight on to 7 am most times. I do feel your pain there. I am now experamenting with a concoction of coconut oil and another additive and it seems to have maybe cured it! Decades of misery there. I pray it lasts.
It looks like a brutal winter for everyone BUT Florida this season. I cant imagin dealing with the extreme cold weather at this point in my life. Hope you CT is tucked away and in hibernation. 2020 will be the year for you Padilen. Fair weather, plenty of camping and good riding for you! Don and I will be thinking of you on our next trip in Jan. You, your CT and DRZ would fit right in with us old guys.
Imagin this guy has a fruit smoothie and not a beer. :beer:
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby Padilen » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:56 pm

Tommy B wrote:
Padilen wrote:Nearing 58, o my my that's sooo old.
I am 58, arthritis, fused right ankle, bad bowels, auto immune disease, back and neck issues, shoulder and hand issues.
I'm not done yet, pissed winter came early. I had more riding to do.
My 2020 better be better, no hospital no breaking bikes and a new(used) DRZ, or such better make it into my possession.
Glad, you had a good time and are happy with the "new" CT.
Happy Thanksgiving (late) Merry Christmas and Happy New,

Padilen, You are hard core! You give me hope. :) That is some list. We are pretty close in age and as it turns out we share some of the same health concerns. I do suffer greatly from IBS also. From midnight on to 7 am most times. I do feel your pain there. I am now experamenting with a concoction of coconut oil and another additive and it seems to have maybe cured it! Decades of misery there. I pray it lasts.
It looks like a brutal winter for everyone BUT Florida this season. I cant imagin dealing with the extreme cold weather at this point in my life. Hope you CT is tucked away and in hibernation. 2020 will be the year for you Padilen. Fair weather, plenty of camping and good riding for you! Don and I will be thinking of you on our next trip in Jan. You, your CT and DRZ would fit right in with us old guys.
Imagin this guy has a fruit smoothie and not a beer.
Thank you so much Tommy. I hope you and Don, have some great adventures.
I can't tell, what your blue bike is, so please help a gal out.

Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:21 am

Paddilen,

2006 yamaha TTR 250. I really did consider contacting you right before I found a street legal frame about 6 months ago. From Texas. I found it on e-bay.
I just swaped everything from my bike to that street legal frame and VIOLA, a new/used duel sport 250. Maxs out at 74 mph with a tail wind, down hill. 8)

Im not proud and some what embarrassed at times but its all I can manage phiscacaly and financially. I cosidered asking you to buy it for a doller make it street legal and sell it back to me. Yes, crazy buy any way it worked out.
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby Tommy B » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:52 am

I don't have any grand kid pics to show...but since you mentioned it, here she is post swap :D

I also had to redo the seat cover as the stock one was torn. That was fun to learn. 8)
Attachments
TTRTHREE.jpg
TTRTHREE.jpg (103.49 KiB) Viewed 4405 times
TTRTWO.jpg
TTRTWO.jpg (118.68 KiB) Viewed 4405 times
TTRONE.jpg
TTRONE.jpg (68.22 KiB) Viewed 4405 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby Padilen » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:29 pm

Embarrassed? I bought my TW because I couldn't slither on a taller bike. Nor did I think I had the strength for more power.
Besides the TTR250 is a capable bike. Watch the Cross Training Enduro Skills you tube. On their Asian (?)rides that's what they use.

Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:40 am

Padilen wrote:Embarrassed? I bought my TW because I couldn't slither on a taller bike. Nor did I think I had the strength for more power.
Besides the TTR250 is a capable bike. Watch the Cross Training Enduro Skills you tube. On their Asian (?)rides that's what they use.

Our last camping trip the battery died. We either had to jump start it or push start it. I know we gave a group of street bikers a chuckle as Don and I attempted to push the dam thing fast enough and then jump on it several times getting winded in the process. Anger and embarrassment all rolled up in one. Plus a worn out rear tire gave little traction in this wretched Florida deep sand. All self inflicted but I am putting in a new battery and fresh tires before the next adventure and I will see how it goes. 8)

Merry Christmas Padilen!
Trump 2020 and Epstein didn't kill hemself. :lol:
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby Padilen » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:37 pm

Tommy B wrote:
Padilen wrote:Embarrassed? I bought my TW because I couldn't slither on a taller bike. Nor did I think I had the strength for more power.

Our last camping trip the battery died. We either had to jump start it or push start it. I know we gave a group of street bikers a chuckle as Don and I attempted to push the dam thing fast enough and then jump on it several times getting winded in the process. Anger and embarrassment all rolled up in one. Plus a worn out rear tire gave little traction in this wretched Florida deep sand. All self inflicted but I am putting in a new battery and fresh tires before the next adventure and I will see how it goes. 8)

Merry Christmas Padilen!
Trump 2020 and Epstein didn't kill hemself.
My TW has the kick start too. So when my battery dies I can kick it. I can't push start - well I can down hill if it goes the first try.
Merry Christmas to you and yours.
2020 is going to be a better year for sure.

Padilen
Donating Member

Postby Tommy B » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:12 am

A really fun trip this time. Every thing worked ok except the CT battery. Its older and needs replaced.

Don and I found the coolest place for future camping while out duel sporting around. That open prairie is called Hopkins Prairie. Stunning to ride up on from the deep forest.
Attachments
SHANTYONE.jpg
SHANTYONE.jpg (142.84 KiB) Viewed 4094 times
SHANTYTHREE.jpg
SHANTYTHREE.jpg (66.6 KiB) Viewed 4094 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby hankaye » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:46 pm

Tommy B. Howdy;

Good to see some of Fl's "wide open spaces". Most folks only think of the cities or beaches.
Most don't even realize how big Fl is in the beef industry. Still #1 or has someone else
usurped the title? I see some of y'all's pix with the moss hangin' from the trees and I can
actually conjure the smell. It'll be the same with roasted chilies after I leave here, ... :roll:

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Tommy B » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:40 am

Finally getting around to replacing the CT battery. I took Dons advice and purchased two 6v Golf Car Batteries instead of one 12v deep cycle Marine battery.

I figured I would redo the tongue deck as it needed to be enlarged a bit anyway. I have not decided how to mount the propane tanks yet. Go single, or go double. There is plenty of room either way. I figure if you have to carry a spare in the back of the truck, you might as well just attach it to the CT. But.. :thinking:

I most likely will trim at least the corners round but that may be it. But I may trim even more till it looks right. However I always use the deck when camping as a sort of work bench/table top.

I have not figured out how to secure the battery box to the wood. Aluminum L brackets or pressure treated 2x4 and a make shift strap?? IDK yet.

Don if you see this I hope to see you Saturday morning sometime? I should have all the parts to set up the charging system from the TV to the new CT batteries. That will be awesome. :thumbsup:
Attachments
tonquedeck.jpg
tonquedeck.jpg (120.68 KiB) Viewed 3820 times
tonquedecktwo.jpg
tonquedecktwo.jpg (115.9 KiB) Viewed 3820 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby BigDave_185 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:50 pm

It looks like the wood will drastically hinder your turning radius?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BigDave_185
The 300 Club

Postby Tommy B » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:34 pm

BigDave_185 wrote:It looks like the wood will drastically hinder your turning radius?

Left like that, yes I think it might for sure. What ever amount is left, I will not let it get in the way of me turning. Each board was 14.95 so I took a chance at excess. Hummmm, that seems to be my mantra in life and I usually wake up feeling ill :oops: :beer: Yeah I see that front plank getting a good trimming though. :thinking:

time will tell. should be all done by saturday.
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby BigDave_185 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:05 pm

You could always Fab up a extremely long drop hitch or the harbor freight extension.

I regularly have my trailer at full lock to make a corner at our shop. Wish the tongue was another 12 inches or so

BigDave_185
The 300 Club

Postby Tommy B » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:16 pm

BigDave_185 wrote:You could always Fab up a extremely long drop hitch or the harbor freight extension.

I regularly have my trailer at full lock to make a corner at our shop. Wish the tongue was another 12 inches or so

I need all the tongue height to protect the black tank when boon docking. But A sensible thought. :thinking:

One other upgrade I will attempt this weekend is Dons (flboy) set up for TV to house batteries charge system. with his generous assistance. :D

I have assembled these parts per his post and will give it a go Saturday. still need a way to crimp on battery islets. Don? The hammer. Oh yes, that Diode? Will do as much as I can brother in advance. :thumbsup:
Attachments
chargingsystem12vtv.jpg
chargingsystem12vtv.jpg (43.33 KiB) Viewed 3733 times
Tommy B
500 Club

Postby flboy » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:38 pm

Hi Tommy! Looks like you have the right stuff. I got the tool to crimp the terminals and etc.. CU Saturday.
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions