7.5x20 Wells Cargo

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: 7.5x20 Wells Cargo

Postby m.colley » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:24 pm

iambucket wrote:McDave, I meant it was 8.5 external height (probably under 8 but that includes the air conditioner). It is 6.5' inside and after going in some 6' evens illustrated that it would be very doable to go cut off a half food wide and 6 foot long but the extra half above is really appreciated. 8.5 would be luxurious but crazy drag.

m.colley, I'm glad I figured this out before going over the mountains. Good for you for testing the pull before you start building. Towing is something I'd never thought about before but it goes hand in hand with the lifestyle for sure. (As do trucks!) I don't know about Tundras but that Ram would be a formidable tow. What are the dimensions of yours? Is it cargo?

Iambucket
Yes, mine is a Vnose CTC (cargo trailer conversion), a 7x16 tandem axle (3500lb axles)w/ electric brakes on both axles. The interior is 6"9", (6'3" was standard). Dry Weight before build was in the 2260# range, GVWR is 7000lb.
I typically haul either a 4wheeler along with all my camping gear when hunting or a 900lb Harley with all my camping gear. I haven't weighed it since I finished my build but might just to be curious.

Martin
m.colley
The 300 Club

Re: 7.5x20 Wells Cargo

Postby iambucket » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:44 pm

If anybody is interested, I just listed it in trading post:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=68337
iambucket
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions