Awning Idea

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Awning Idea

Postby jwh92020 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:47 am

I've been trying to come up with an idea for an awning. One problem I have is that my side door is a 36" RV door and when it is fully opened, it extends past the curve of the bull nose, so a full length awning would have to extend past the front of the trailer by 10"+/-. My former tenant left 2 of these roll up sun shades on the patio when he left. One is 8 ft, the other is 6 ft. I was thinking that since I have them, why couldn't I mount the 8 ft section along the top rail of the trailer and extend it out horizontally? I called CoolaRoo (the mfg) and they said there is no problem extending them horizontally. i saw an awning mount in a pop up forum where the guy used adjustable flag pole holders mounted on the camper and adjustable painter's poles as the support poles. I always liked the idea, but I don't want to have to climb up and install an awning every time I use it. I thought I could have the 6ft section cut down to 3 ft and mount it over the door. When i'm parked in the driveway, he shades could be dropped straight down and secured to the bottom of the trailer to block sun from the passenger side. Thoughts?
Sun Shade
Pole Mounts
jwh92020
Teardrop Master

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions