Putting side door on back of trailer.

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Putting side door on back of trailer.

Postby Snakebite » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:11 pm

hi I am going to get 6 by 12 Cargo.I am getting it higher where support beams are closer. I want the door in back of axle,what r thoughts on this ???
Snakebite
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Putting side door on back of trailer.

Postby Padilen » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:02 pm

I have none! It's yours do what you want. But post pics of your bulls for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby lrrowe » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:04 pm

Not sure I understand the support beam comment, but as far as locating the side entry door behind the axle, I see no problem with that. I have seen other DIY built stand up ones with a side door on the rear. Here again, not fully understanding your comments, I have to ask about the rear itself. Will there be any door there, ramp or barn doors? And if barn doors, you have to consider the swing arch of the barn door.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby Snakebite » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:47 pm

Hi the comment was I'm getting the trailer higher so the beans are closer together so I thought maybe that would have something to do with the door place ment. I am getting a ramp.I am new to this site. SO GLAD I FOUND it
Snakebite
Teardrop Inspector

Postby NO David! » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:42 am

Welcome!

You mean a side door in the back, sorta like this one?

Build thread here: (he is Elmo_4_VT here, but I couldn't find the thread in this forum)
http://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/70564-Elmo-s-New-Toy-Hauler-Build/page3

I was able to order my Cargo Craft in pretty much any configuration I wanted with only a slight change in price. As far as "higher" I chose standard axles for better ground clearance. If I recall correctly, I've got a 22" floor and 20" hitch ball height, my model also had 16" on center walls and 24" roof 1" square tubing everywhere.
NO David!
Teardrop Master

Postby Snakebite » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:21 pm

yes
Snakebite
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Snakebite » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:25 pm

Thanks for finding a picture with a side door I have tried searching for one I like the idea of the door in the back I believe there's more things you could do with the construction inside
Snakebite
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions