7x16 Arizona toy hauler

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

7x16 Arizona toy hauler

Postby faust_21 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:45 pm

Finally popped on a trailer. Will hopefully be the start to a great project for the family. Looking forward to the guidance from this group!ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
faust_21
Teardrop Builder

Re: 7x16 Arizona toy hauler

Postby Iconfabul8 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:24 pm

Nice size! That should give you room to do lots of fun stuff. Any preliminary layout ideas?
Iconfabul8
500 Club

Postby lrrowe » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:09 pm

Nice looking trailer. It looks like a nice blank canvas on which to build the ideal trailer for yourself.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby faust_21 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:16 am

Thanks! Yea I have been working out plans in my head and on paper forever! Put the stall in and I'm not sure if it'll work as planned. ImageImage

faust_21
Teardrop Builder

Postby m.colley » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:03 am

7x16 is a good size trailer to start with. I love mine.

Martin
m.colley
The 300 Club

Postby flboy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:23 am

Very Nice! Good for you!
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby faust_21 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:39 am

flboy wrote:Very Nice! Good for you!

Thanks! Your build is one of those that got me started down this path! Got my tankless water heater and adjustable bed to mount over the toys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
faust_21
Teardrop Builder

Postby faust_21 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:23 pm

Just a quick snapshot of what I'm thinking now. Really trying to get the most of of my floor plan and possibly be able to haul a quad and utv. We will see! Hoping to get my etrack on the floor and max air vent in the roof this weekend, but temps are supposed to be around 120 so we will see.

faust_21
Teardrop Builder

Postby aggie79 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:07 pm

faust_21 wrote:Hoping to get my etrack on the floor and max air vent in the roof this weekend, but temps are supposed to be around 120 so we will see.

I draw the line at 110 degrees.

At least your 120-dgree heat is a dry heat... :? :cry: Seriously, if it is too hot for planes to land, it is too hot to work on your trailer.

As a wannabe CT conversion builder I'm looking forward to you build.
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby McDave » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:03 am

aggie79 wrote:At least your 120-dgree heat is a dry heat... :? :cry: Seriously, if it is too hot for planes to land, it is too hot to work on your trailer.

Landing is easy, they may not be pretty but they'll come down. It's the take off's that are a killer....I'd rather fly "below zero" any day.

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby flboy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:55 am

Yes sir! That hot air is less dense and reduces engine output and ability to climb , aerodynamics, lift, and etc.. Hot at higher altitude take off's is even worse. Physics gets them every time. :D Like McDave says... what goes up, must come down.... may not be pretty, but will come down.
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby faust_21 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:50 pm

Well I got the etrack down (only screwed into sheeting) but went to hd and got some self tappers to finish it and picked up some wheel bonnets. I'm still trying to get through Dons build thread. Was all set to scrap my bed idea and copy yours and then I got to the part where it didn't work so well. Still reading through, but how did it end up working out? That'll be all for the weekend, but maybe during the 4 day weekend next week I can get some more done. Think I'm gonna start by insulting the front half. I'm not doing everything all at once so I'll have to take walls down later to add window... lots of work ahead!

faust_21
Teardrop Builder

Postby flboy » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:54 am

faust_21 wrote:Well I got the etrack down (only screwed into sheeting) but went to hd and got some self tappers to finish it and picked up some wheel bonnets. I'm still trying to get through Dons build thread. Was all set to scrap my bed idea and copy yours and then I got to the part where it didn't work so well. Still reading through, but how did it end up working out? That'll be all for the weekend, but maybe during the 4 day weekend next week I can get some more done. Think I'm gonna start by insulting the front half. I'm not doing everything all at once so I'll have to take walls down later to add window... lots of work ahead!

Yes, I have went back and forth on how and if to complete the electric part of my bed lift. I never finished the electric part. I actually have pins for three positions (heights) and can move it up or down with some help. The problem with 4 rails (1 in each corner) and such tight trolleys as I have is binding. All 4 corners need to move evenly at the same time which requires the electric winch and the complexity of cables and pulleys to move it by yourself. It would just take some pulleys and cables to complete, but I have decided to not install since the need to move the bed up and down is rare and would only happen if my wife is with me (she likes the bed lower).

If I wanted to move the bed up or down with the gas shock assist by myself(I have gas struts installed, so moving is easy with two people to move it evenly), I'd just need to remove the two back trolleys so the bed front could move and then the back. That is how they do it in the factory built trailers that do not use the expensive Happijack systems. That would be easiest for me to do and probably what I'd do before putting on the pulleys and winch if I find myself wanting to move the bed up and down a lot when traveling solo. Right now, I have not had the need.

At the end of the day, I figured my bed can stay stationary where it is since I have a 7.5 ft. high ceiling and still get my Motorcycles in and out and use the space below for lounging and etc.. If I want to adjust bed height for whatever reason, I can with some help in about a minute.

My bed stays here (pic below) all the time for now. It seems to be a good height (you can see my chair below where I sit and watch TV when the bikes are out). I am still glad I have the trolleys installed... It does give me options later if I change my mind or my needs change).

Last edited by flboy on Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:10 am

On one of the Facebook conversion pages someone has done an aluminum frame and hand crank. Looks nice but also looks $$$. I saw it last week but can't find it today. For me my loft lift bed works well enough. If I don't want to put it up its fine in the lower positions.

Padilen
Donating Member

Postby faust_21 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:44 pm

Padilen wrote:On one of the Facebook conversion pages someone has done an aluminum frame and hand crank. Looks nice but also looks $$$. I saw it last week but can't find it today. For me my loft lift bed works well enough. If I don't want to put it up its fine in the lower positions.

I believe I've seen that one. Lots of options out there I just don't wanna have to do it 10 times and would really like to be able to do it with only one person.

faust_21
Teardrop Builder

Next

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions