VA card

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

VA card

Postby RixPlace1 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:38 am

The following may be helpful.I wish I had known about it when starting and spending lot.Most purchases at HD under 10 minutes to nearest store, Lowes is great but commute can be one hour round trip only 5 miles but traffic and trains and bridge openings can be mind altering. Anyway.At Hd I started using one cashier fast efficient,friendly, AND informative.One day she mentioned that recent customer had given her a Vets Admin card. and she wasn't familiar with it. So she called store mgr, he came out and said "yeh swipe it thru like an ordinary CC ".SOOOO I inquired and was told a visit to a VA office to show proof if not already in the VA system have a pic taken and its sent off two weeks later it arrived. The HD website doesn't offer any info and the mgr here said all the stores in this area give the discount. There may be a limit to the upper limit of purchases.Its worth looking into
RixPlace1
Teardrop Inspector

Re: VA card

Postby beachguy005 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:00 am

It's my understanding that as a general rule with HD, they offer a discount on only certain days of the year to veterans. It may be different with active duty or retired. Lowes has been giving a 10% discount for just showing a VA card but they are changing it to Vets needing to sign up for their "My Lowes" card. I'll be passing on Lowes once it's in place because I don't want a My Lowes account. I use cash and don't like my purchases being tracked by the store. You never know when you'll need a chain saw, a shovel and a couple bags of lime.
beachguy005
Teardrop Master

Postby greygoos » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:00 pm

I have received 10 percent veteran discount at HD and Lowes and they never asked to see a card at all.
greygoos
Silver Donating Member

Postby RixPlace1 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:03 pm

HD Vet discounts are valid everyday not selected days not restricted to active duty or retired,you served on active duty you are a vet.next time u r in an HD store and are checking out ask the cashier to show you the register icon for Vet discounts. I was sceptical till I saw the icon but when I got the card in the mail and used it the first time seein's believin!!!!!
RixPlace1
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions