AC in roof..

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

AC in roof..

Postby Snakebite » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:46 am

Hi I am waiting for my Patriot to come in I ordered a 6 by 12 single axle extended roof, air conditioning on top, Windows on sides, door in back . Ok QU.. where does the water runoff from the roof air conditioner?? does it just roll on the roof and go down the side??
Snakebite
Teardrop Inspector

Re: AC in roof..

Postby Padilen » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:55 pm

Usual

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Oops got a phone call when I was typing.
Yes usually any that doesn't evaporate will run down .
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby hankaye » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:41 pm

Snakebite, Howdy;

Snakebite wrote:Ok QU.. where does the water runoff from the roof air conditioner?? does it just roll on the roof and go down the side??

Depends on which way you have the trailer pitched, ... nose up , it rolls to the back. Nose down ... ya see where this is going???
RV type roof ac's are generally set up to drain to the rear so, a slight nose up attitude will do ya just fine.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby McDave » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:43 am

Contrary to popular belief, Montana can be a very humid place. Where I am it as been in the 60% area for weeks. In the Beartooth range this weekend we saw 80% an even a few rain drops. I had my AC running any time we were at the camp and never saw a drip of condensate come off the roof. I have seen it before, but not this time. I have seen it come over the edge and run down the "gutter" or drip edge that runs along the front over the door, and run to the end of the gutter and drip off there.
No matter how many times I see it, It is just strange to ride a Harley through a tunnel cut into 20 ft. of snow in July. As all that snow melts it saturates the air as well as the ground. The rivers were really running full, bank to bank, and full of debris, trees, boulders, wrecked cars etc.

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions