Just Ordered My New Cargo Trailer

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Just Ordered My New Cargo Trailer

Postby Revdano » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:59 pm

After being on this forum for a couple years I ordered a new cargo trailer yesterday from R & R Trailers in Three Rivers, Michigan. Since it is just my wife and I (all the children are raised) I just ordered the 7X12 VDCP Deluxe Platinum all Aluminum Cargo Trailer. I also ordered the following: Ramp Door, RV Side Door with Window & Screen Door, 2 - 22 X30 Windows (One on each side above axle), Fantastic Fan, Pair of Stabilizer Jacks on back of trailer, Extended Tongue, Aluminum Weld on Step, Awning, Insulation Package in walls and ceiling (1 in foam), Aluminum Wheels plus spare tire. My pickup is a 2015 Ram Laramie Crew Cab, Black with Silver trim. I also have a Black Leer cap so I ordered a Black & Silver aluminum trailer to match. The built is the third week of February. I live in Pennsylvania which is 7 hours from the R & R factory in Michigan, but was impressed with their quality when I visited the factory in November. Looking forward to adding my touches and enjoying my new camping trailer this spring.
Last edited by Revdano on Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Revdano
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Just Ordered My New Cargo Trailer

Postby dmrogers » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:16 pm

I was just on their site looking at some of their trailers. They look really nice. We are hoping to get an aluminum trailer for a conversion.
Do you have an approximate weight of your trailer? We want to keep the weight down.

Keep us informed with your build.
dmrogers
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Revdano » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:25 pm

dmrodgers - 1680 pounds before options
Revdano
Teardrop Inspector

Postby McDave » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:37 pm

Woo Hoo! That's gonna be a sharp looking rig going down the road. That's called gettin' there in style. Sounds like you have done your homework. Congratulations, please post some pics. when she arrives.
Good Luck and Happy Camping.

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby sodatrain » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:46 pm

Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
--
My 7x7x14 Tandem Axel build thread: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=69731
sodatrain
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Dano-Mich » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:35 pm

Awesome! You'll like your new R&R trailer and it will look great behind your truck. Too bad mine doesn't match my truck, but we'll still look good travelling down the road together! Can't wait to pick it up for you and deliver it. Good job Dad!
Dano-Mich
Teardrop Advisor

Postby MrBo » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:59 pm

Revdano wrote:After being on this forum for a couple years I ordered a new cargo trailer yesterday from R & R Trailers in Three Rivers, Michigan. Since it is just my wife and I (all the children are raised) I just ordered the 7X12 VDCP Deluxe Platinum all Aluminum Cargo Trailer. I also ordered the following: Ramp Door, RV Side Door with Window & Screen Door, 2 - 22 X30 Windows (One on each side above axle), Fantastic Fan, Pair of Stabilizer Jacks on back of trailer, Extended Tongue, Aluminum Weld on Step, Awning, Insulation Package in walls and ceiling (1 in foam), Aluminum Wheels plus spare tire. My pickup is a 2015 Ram Laramie Crew Cab, Black with Silver trim. I also have a Black Leer cap so I ordered a Black & Silver aluminum trailer to match. The built is the third week of February. I live in Pennsylvania which is 7 hours from the R & R factory in Michigan, but was impressed with their quality when I visited the factory in November. Looking forward to adding my touches and enjoying my new camping trailer this spring.
Congratulations!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Mr Bo

6x14 Build Log - Rolling Thunder - Cabin on Wheels - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=69971
MrBo
Teardrop Master

Postby Revdano » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:25 pm

Yesterday, I picked up my new 712 VDCP Deluxe Platinum Cargo Trailer from R & R Trailers in Three Rivers, Michigan. It was 455 miles each way from my home in Pennsylvania. Happy to have my son go with me for this trip. Very please with my new 7 X 12 (plus V-Nose) Cargo Trailer.

Last edited by Revdano on Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Revdano
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Iconfabul8 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:02 am

Very Nice! :thumbsup: Any plans/ideas for the inside yet?
Iconfabul8
500 Club

Postby McDave » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:44 am

Wow! That is a "Loaded" trailer already. Beautiful rig, looks great with your truck. That is about the nicest cargo trailer I have seen.
Laissez les bons temps rouler! (Let The Good Times Roll!)
Congratulations

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby CoventryKid » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:57 am

Nice looking trailer. Can't wait to see your build.

Do you have plans you can post?
Doug
Vancouver Island, BC

GMC Savana Explorer Limited SE hightop conversion van
NEO NAVR 7x16 V-nose aluminum trailer now a comfortable travel trailer

Build: http://www.tusker-international.com/1-trlr-build.html
CoventryKid
Teardrop Master

Postby Gonefishin » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:32 am

That's a fantastic base to start with, and most of the hard work was done at the factory! :applause: Look forward to seeing how you finish it. :thinking:
Gonefishin
Donating Member

Postby low277 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:36 pm

That is a really nice trailer!! I am jealous of your screen door!!!!
NW Minnesota
low277
Donating Member

Postby FlyBye » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:18 pm

Second here on the screen door! Everyone will be wanting one in a few months when the Skeeters go Kamikaze. Everyone will be running for cover... that is except you!
Also nice have an awning installed from the factory. Look forward to seeing your progress.
FlyBye's 7x16 Cargo Camper Build
http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=69287
FlyBye
Teardrop Master

Postby Revdano » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:33 pm

Present plans include e-Track on the side walls in the back for a Queen bed. Will have storage in totes under bed. In the V-Nose I will have upper cabinets and then a countertop with sink and 3 doors for easy access for my water jugs and battery. Also installing Progressive Dynamics in drivers side of front cabinet. Will be using wiremold to run electrical - 1 - 110 plug in on each side of V-Nose and 1 on each side behind the windows. Will also have 12 volt plug-ins on the sides too and by countertop to charge phones, etc. Purchased a TV mount which will be mounted on the drivers side between the window & V-Nose section. Still finalizing floor. Thinking about vinyl plank from Home Depot. Looking forward to getting everything done for the first short trip to Lancaster, PA - just three hours from home. Then I have a 3 week trip planned to Jackson, Yellowstone, Cody, Black Hills etc in July.
Revdano
Teardrop Inspector

Next

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions