Air Coditioners and Refrigerators

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: Air Coditioners and Refrigerators

Postby McDave » Thu May 10, 2018 5:48 pm

God, I love pushing that button. Works every time!
Let's see if you recall your Shakespeare, Hamlet's mother said "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."
Yeah, methinks so.
Just sayin'....

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby Padilen » Thu May 10, 2018 6:13 pm

Yes, many smaller TT now have window type AC's.
I found one 8000 btu roof top, then changed my ideas. Now rethinking the portable. It's out and I don't think it's going back in. I haven't found the 8000's again. Not that I'm definitely doing a roof top. I'm still looking for that perfect mix of AC, and generator starting AC.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby flboy » Thu May 10, 2018 6:28 pm

McDave wrote:God, I love pushing that button. Works every time!
Let's see if you recall your Shakespeare, Hamlet's mother said "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."
Yeah, methinks so.
Just sayin'....

McDave

You got me man... you sure got me. Darnit I wish I wasn't so gullible. :roll: :roll:

But I hope Brian at least got some accurate information because I think he is serious and is just looking for ideas for his AC not anecdotes or Shakespeare.
Last edited by flboy on Thu May 10, 2018 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Joel.brian » Thu May 10, 2018 7:20 pm

Haha yes, I’m seriously stumped on this. No to the rooftop, that’s for sure lol. I’ll have it figured out soon. I’m set on a window a/c just gotta figure out if I’m doing some steel cutting and welding or not.
Joel.brian
Teardrop Advisor

Postby McDave » Fri May 11, 2018 8:45 am

Joel.brian,
Once you get Don down off the ceiling and he as a puff of his inhaler, he will stop stomping his feet and his face won't be all red. Then you may get some accurate info. Obviously, what you are getting is his best defence of his position. When it's more important to keep the minions than to be objective, you get info with a slant. What to leave in, what to leave out. You are smart enough to seek out info, don't be a minion. It doesn't look good on a resume...

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby flboy » Fri May 11, 2018 8:50 am

McDave, For real? That's what you think? What can I say, very disappointing. I suppose when you don't like facts, then personal attacks, anecdotes and cute quotes, are the way to go. I see it all the time on TV. It really adds to the content. Just Sayin.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Joel.brian » Fri May 11, 2018 1:21 pm

I’ve appreciated all of the advice. Without this forum I’d already have an upright portable single hose unit and not be too happy. I have a great idea coming down the pipes thanks to you all. Can’t wait to fab it and show you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Joel.brian
Teardrop Advisor

Postby flboy » Fri May 11, 2018 1:37 pm

Joel.brian wrote:I’ve appreciated all of the advice. Without this forum I’d already have an upright portable single hose unit and not be too happy. I have a great idea coming down the pipes thanks to you all. Can’t wait to fab it and show you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am looking forward to it! That's what it is all about! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Karebru » Fri May 11, 2018 3:29 pm

McDave wrote:God, I love pushing that button.

Well, that's really helpful. Thanks.
I'm not going outside until the temperature is above my age.
Karebru
The 300 Club

Postby Hader » Sat May 12, 2018 8:20 am

We tried to keep our built simple. Every think we have done can be done differently and may better. Everything but the AC setup. It's simple and can be incorporated in many or any different layout.
We've had rooftops, and hated everyone of them including the one that was suppose to the quietest of them all. Another, and very important plus for window units, is that if they fail, you can get another one the same day at any store for $129.
Hader
Silver Donating Member

Postby flboy » Sat May 12, 2018 8:23 am

Hader wrote:We tried to keep our built simple. Every think we have done can be done differently and may better. Everything but the AC setup. It's simple and can be incorporated in many or any different layout.
We've had rooftops, and hated everyone of them including the one that was suppose to the quietest of them all. Another, and very important plus for window units, is that if they fail, you can get another one the same day at any store for $129.

I really like the way you did yours. Definitely the way to go for anyone wanting the stealth aspect and no holes in sides or roof! Repairs and replacements on the road are an important consideration if you plan to be out for extended periods of times... probably not so much for the weekender. Incidentally, you'd spend $129 for a repair tech just to look and an AC these days especially if he has to come to your house or you take it to an RV center... then the wait. :thumbsup:

As I get ready for my extended trips next year out in BLM land, I have another water-pump, inverter, solar controller, and pieces and parts for plumbing and electrical in the cabinet. They will not leave me stranded.... but definitely affect the comfort factor.. Anything electrical or mechanical will fail on you at some point... all just a matter of time. With the exception of the waterpump, my backups are not the higher quality replacements I would leave in... just to get me to a place where I can order or buy the one I want (more often than not, I am fixing someone else's stuff to help them out on the road). For example, I have a 40A PWM Solar controller I got for less than $100... not as good as the MPPT I have installed... but will work just fine for a few weeks on the road until I fix or replace the primary. Must be the field engineer part of me always wanting to make sure I can fix it in place (or at least patch it up) with what I have on hand. ;)
Last edited by flboy on Sun May 13, 2018 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don (Flboy)

flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Hader » Sat May 12, 2018 8:09 pm

flboy wrote: I really like the way you did yours.

That's very kind of you to say. We've been following your (current) build for the last 2 years. We sure have LEARNED a lot from you, and your 'solutions'. The other thing! Is your civility. :beer: Thank you Sir.
Hader
Silver Donating Member

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions