Shocks?

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Re: Shocks?

Postby working on it » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:21 am

Karebru wrote:Working on it, I might be misunderstanding where you're coming from.
If I do anything it will be in an attempt to soften my suspension. I'm looking for a better highway ride and not worried about off road issues.
I'm way over springed for what I anticipate my final curb weight to be.
I would have probably been fine with a single axel under my 7×16, but I decided to take the duellie on the lot.
Floating down the highway like an old Cadillac would be perfect. :lol:
  • Au contraire! I've always gone the other direction, preferring to feel the road beneath the tires while driving, sensing road conditions more accurately, in my past life's penchant for fast driving & performance; I always hated "floating" along with no feedback from the steering, tires, or suspension, so I always modified my vehicles towards that harsher, but to me, more desirable direction. Predictable, repeatable paths of travel seemed safer at the vehicles' limits.
  • The active bumpstop idea "sprang" (double entendre!) from a desire to prevent the over-flexing and resultant breakage of the leaf springs, and, by modifying the Daystar bumpstop to be more pliable at the apex, it could also serve to tame the constant movement of the firm suspension over various road variances. I could still soften it more, but it seems to work fine, as-is.
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Re: Shocks?

Postby rkanz » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:24 am

After listening to the guy at the local spring shop I installed Teflon spring liners. They improved the ride of the trailer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rkanz
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions