Looking For A HappiJac Bed Lift (Or Similar)

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Looking For A HappiJac Bed Lift (Or Similar)

Postby cg_ops » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:38 am

My 24 x 8.5 x 7.5 Look Vision cargo trailer is ordered and should start being built in a month or 2, with an ETA to my dealer of late Dec/early Jan. I'm SUPER excited!

The one area I'm having a hell of a time getting information about is sourcing/installing a HappiJac bed lift or something very similar. It seems like a totally ideal solution to having beds in there without having to resort to Murphy beds (taking up valuable wall storage space). I'm specifically looking for this type of solution - as a 1-armed person, setting up an etrack bed when I go to the racetrack/river isn't an option I'm considering. The bed lift would maximize space when not in use, allow the bikes to be stored inside when in use, and act as a convenient (low) bed when storage isn't needed.
cg_ops
Teardrop Builder

Re: Looking For A HappiJac Bed Lift (Or Similar)

Postby CoventryKid » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:28 am

Hi and welcome:

The one area I'm having a hell of a time getting information about is sourcing/installing a HappiJac bed lift

This is what I wanted too when I built my conversion almost 4 years ago. I tried contacting Lippert via email but got no response (perhaps I should have called?!). Lippert also has another bed lift system, but I understand that Lippert will only sell to OEMs not individuals.

Someone on the forum suggested I could have tried eBay. I did not think of this at the time.

I think the Happijac system is really a good idea. I hope you have better luck than I did.

Hope this helps.
Doug
Vancouver Island, BC

GMC Savana Explorer Limited SE hightop conversion van
NEO NAVR 7x16 V-nose aluminum trailer now a comfortable travel trailer

Build: http://www.tusker-international.com/1-trlr-build.html
CoventryKid
Teardrop Master

Postby flboy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:37 pm

There are RV graveyards that catalog and sell used parts. You might do a Google search for those and give a call.

Arizona RV Salvage is just one of many that show up in a search for RV Junkyard.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Iconfabul8 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:35 pm

Looks like these guys sell it. Kinda pricey tho.
http://www.mirageinc.com/happijac-power ... ouble-bunk
Iconfabul8
500 Club

Postby cg_ops » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:51 pm

After your replies, I decide to just reach out to Lippert.

Here's my web-form message:

Subject: HappiJac Bed
I'm trying to source a HappiJac bed for my Cargo Trailer like the one I have in my 5th wheel. My dealer doesn't know where to get the parts. Can you please help me find where to buy the kit?

Their reply:

Thank you for your interest in the Happijac bed lift system. This is for Dealers or Retail customers only.
Please find the attached measure and support blocking pdf files. Use these guides to make the needed measurements and install the proper support blocking for your Happijac installation project. Once these measurements are emailed back to us (in inches) a quote will be issued with your bed lift system.
Also, please fill out the following: ( reply with the answers to the following questions below.) As each installation is unique these answers help us determine which bed lift

Here's the table of the email below that text:

Hope this helps some of you. I can't really fill it out till I get my trailer, sadly!
Attachments
Power Bed Lift Blocking Schematic.pdf
(53.86 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
BED LIFT DIMENSIONS MEASURING GUIDE.pdf
HappiJac Lift Dimensions
(82.08 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
cg_ops
Teardrop Builder

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions