Ramp Door Flip Up - Awning?

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Ramp Door Flip Up - Awning?

Postby crpngdth2001 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:32 am

I searched but didn't find any relevant results, which probably tells me it's a bad idea. I'm finding most cargo trailers with Ramp doors, but really want Barn doors. I want to leave 18-24 inches depth in the rear "walled off" from the interior of the cargo trailer. I'd either like barn doors, and install an awning - or a ramp door that would open up like a large hatch. Barn doors and an awning would be easier (and will be where I go if I order new), but I am finding quite a few decent deals on ramp door used cargo trailers.

Anyone try this? Seen it done?

Thanks.
crpngdth2001
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Ramp Door Flip Up - Awning?

Postby hankaye » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:03 am

crpngdth2001, Howdy;

Have ya tried using the Google search up at the top of the page below the header?
I'm thinking that somewhere in the past 6 years I've been on here that there are a
few folks that have come up with something like you are wanting.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby beachguy005 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:25 pm

Really depends on how easy or fancy you want one. Easy-Out Awnings could be mounted on the back. I have barn doors but am only 5 feet wide and made my own rear awning. I have 10' lengths of 3/4 EMT on both sides I use for side awnings so I slid lengths of 1/2" EMT inside them that I slide out 3' and slide on a 3x5 awning I made of fabric. Light and it's cantilevered out so no need for support legs.
beachguy005
Teardrop Master

Postby crttaz » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:05 pm

Car-Go Lite Extreme you can get flip up door or barn doors

crttaz
Teardrop Master

Postby kirkupnorth » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:57 pm

I just saw a youtube video of a guy's CTC, and he did exactly what you're talking about. He had the ramp door hinged at the top so that it opened upward and created an awning. He was using the walled off rear space as an outdoor kitchen, and the ramp door worked as a roof. Seems like it worked well for him.
kirkupnorth
Teardrop Master

Postby crpngdth2001 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:02 am

kirkupnorth wrote:I just saw a youtube video of a guy's CTC, and he did exactly what you're talking about. He had the ramp door hinged at the top so that it opened upward and created an awning. He was using the walled off rear space as an outdoor kitchen, and the ramp door worked as a roof. Seems like it worked well for him.

Exactly what I was looking for. I’ll have to see if I can find it on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
crpngdth2001
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions