Hanging cabinets on the wall

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Hanging cabinets on the wall

Postby atcNick » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:39 pm

I’m planning on putting some cabinets up in my trailer... I’m looking for mounting suggestions so they don’t vibrate off... not sure what the back of the cabinets are made of.

Lowe’s has these on sale right now 36-in W x 12-in H x 12-in D Unfinished Door Wall Cabinet https://www.lowes.com/pd/36-in-W-x-12-i ... t/50134960

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Nick
atcNick
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Hanging cabinets on the wall

Postby halfdome, Danny » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:47 pm

One of the reviews said it's made from 3/8" particle board, not something you would want in a moving vehicle.
:D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby atcNick » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:51 am

I was thinking of putting a piece of 1x4 inside the cabinet on the back wall of it and screw it into the trailer through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Nick
atcNick
Teardrop Advisor

Postby jwhite » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:59 am

I just screwed mine to the wall with several screws, my cabinets were the type that goes behind a toilet I found in the bath section at lowes,about 75.00 each but it looks more finished than if I tried to make them myself, they were light enough I held them in place and screwed them to the wall my myself
they are only about 8 inches deep and weren't made to hold a lot they have a open bottom which is nice, they were cheaply made but had nice fronts and hardware.
the main reason I bought these were because they were being used in a side wall and I didn't want them to stick out to far.
I used 2 side by side one holds folded towels and the other I took out the shelves and hang my cooking pots and pans.
jwhite
The 300 Club

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:17 pm

I had those exact cabinets installed in a work trailer. Screwed directly to the metal studs with 1/4" self tapping screws (6) per cabinet and never had an issue with them. Had boxes of nail gun nails, nuts, bolts, etc... in them.
dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions