Removable galley

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Removable galley

Postby alloffroad » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:01 pm

I am considering buying a 7x14 enclosed cargo trailer. I want it to be dual purpose. I can picture fold up bunks but how to do the galley? Thinking something buckled down to an e-track but how to pop it out when needing the cargo hold for cargo? Any ideas. I tried searching but came up empty handed. Thanks. :?
alloffroad
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Removable galley

Postby Iconfabul8 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:12 pm

One guy I remember, rigged it so he could remove everything with a forklift that was available at work.
Iconfabul8
500 Club

Postby McDave » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:40 am

That is an interesting concept, and I have seen one that was built with modules that were on casters. I think it was more of a "Man Cave" than a camper. I'm not sure how or if he secured the modules to the floor or walls. You may not need to remove the galley to use the trailer for cargo. Sure you may give up some capacity, but how often have you trailered something 14' long? If your galley took up the 1st 2' of cargo area, about the distance from the "man door" to the nose, you could still have 10-12' x 7 of cargo area. That's basically how my toy hauler is set up and I still use it to haul cargo on occasion. Draw up a few different floor plans and see if it is possible for your needs. Think along the lines of a toy hauler and consider what you realistically might be hauling.
Good Luck!

McDave
McDave
Donating Member

Postby Vspec » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:13 pm

See my build thread viewtopic.php?f=42&t=68314 , that is pretty much the theme of my build.

The only part that is getting permanent fixtures is the v-nose.
Vspec
Teardrop Advisor

Postby alloffroad » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:32 am

Mcdave. You are correct. I was thinking outside the box a little to far. Making the front 2 feet the permanent kitchen would work perfectly. I could add bulkhead doors to protect the kitchen when hauling material, trash, etc. 8)
alloffroad
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Margali » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:54 am

I am going to make a variant of the boy scout wheeled Chuck box below. There will be no hot cooking in trailer. Pitstops for cold cuts, egg salad sandwich, etc while under tow.

Original designer
[email protected] for plans
https://youtu.be/Fi_4K9DsITc

A variant with better video
https://youtu.be/Fi_4K9DsITc
Margali, DH, and 3 minions

2017 Ram 1500 Lonestar, 7'x 16'x 7'h v-nose
Margali
Teardrop Advisor

Postby firemansd19 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:03 pm

I have a 7 x 14. I built my “galley” in the nose. Love my design, just a slow build.

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
firemansd19
Teardrop Advisor

Postby alloffroad » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:10 pm

I was just looking on google and pinterest at the ideas that are out there. Thank you for the pictures firemansd19.
alloffroad
Teardrop Advisor

Postby firemansd19 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:36 pm

These are a few months old. I have done some updating lately. As soon as I finish my AC refurb I’ll post some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
firemansd19
Teardrop Advisor

Postby dirtsailor2003 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:17 pm

I have a galley box that I built when I down sized from my in-bed camper to my wall tent. The galley is not on a shelf at the front of the trailer. It is bolted down, but one could make it removable.

I love E-track but I know how much my galley box weighs filled and it would be a major pain with one person to get it hooked into place or unhooked. Not even sure it would be possible without removing everything in it.

If you scroll through my build link in my signature line you can see my chuck box in the trailer when it was removable up till now with it bolted down.

I built the box around what I like to cook with, and measured everything to make sure it'd all fit.
dirtsailor2003
The 300 Club

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions