Lake Taghkanic State Park

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Lake Taghkanic State Park

Postby Tom&Shelly » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:01 am

Had some family business to attend to in Western Massachusetts, but their state parks are very expensive (around $45/night to camp). So we found Lake Taghkanic, a New York state park just over the border.

About $17/night, plus $5/night for out-of-staters, or, like me, Upstate New Yorkers at heart with New Mexico driver's licenses. Ah well!

No hookups, but lots of woodland around the sites. However, it was VERY buggy, probably since it was still warm in mid-September, and a very wet year. As usual, I regret we didn't have more time to explore the park. It has a very nice looking water front. Where we stayed, there were a lot of tent platforms on hilly land. Two types of showers, two with little privacy in the regular restrooms. (I had it to myself with plenty of hot water). Also individual showers each in its own room behind the rec center. (Shelly tried one of those and tells me the hot water was turned off.) The rec center itself looked nice, with tables, games, and so forth. (We probably should have gone in there to avoid the mosquitos; instead we went in the teardrop.)

Won't bore you with details about the family business; it involved checking in on some old relations

That's a popular, and very exclusive, cemetery in Otis Massachusetts. Folks are dieing to get in there! (Sorry!)

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales