Maine trip

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Maine trip

Postby PresTx82 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:15 pm

I'm heading to Maine in a few weeks to visit some of my wife's family and wanted to know if there is anything I "just had to see"! I've gotten my trip planner out and don't have much time for "deviations", but I've never been up there and don't want to over look anything.

I'd like to throw a line out, but don't know if I'l have that kind of time to fish.

I will take many pictures!

Questions? Comments?
Mark
El Paso, Texas
PresTx82
500 Club

Re: Maine trip

Postby Kevin A » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:35 pm

PresTx82 wrote:I'm heading to Maine in a few weeks to visit some of my wife's family and wanted to know if there is anything I "just had to see"! I've gotten my trip planner out and don't have much time for "deviations", but I've never been up there and don't want to over look anything.

I'd like to throw a line out, but don't know if I'l have that kind of time to fish.

I will take many pictures!

Questions? Comments?

What part of Maine are you heading to? A brief itinerary might help in directing you towards cool sites. I have quite a number of relatives back there.
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby Bill Larson » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:23 am

what part of Maine,i'm from Houlton
Bill Larson
Teardrop Inspector

Postby PresTx82 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:20 pm

I'll be visiting my wife's family around Lebanon, Maine, then heading up to the port of Fairfield.
Mark
El Paso, Texas
PresTx82
500 Club

Postby sledge » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:34 pm

We can't wait to see the Pictures. Beautiful up in there. :thumbsup:
sledge
500 Club

Postby PresTx82 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:36 pm

Here's some pictures of the waterfront in Freeport, Maine. From a desert dweller as myself this is a big deal, but it may not be for some of you. We don't see much water.

There were many wild turkeys that came into the back yards up there. Every morning they would come out for some cracked corn that was laid out the night before.

I have many pictures from the "Flight 93 Memorial" in Shanksville, PA, but I'll post in a different thread.
Last edited by PresTx82 on Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark
El Paso, Texas
PresTx82
500 Club

Postby raprap » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:43 am

Brake for Moose or Die

I remember that bumper sticker, and the warning that the next gas station was 246 miles---and the miles were miles and miles of Lousiana Pacific pine forest. Neat place, and that was 1992 and I was on a Harley.

Away from the coast it was a place where the second language was French--wonder if that has changed? And the doughnuts were made for loggers bready, heavy and sweet not those sweet Cripsy-Crud air puffs.

Take lots of pictures, particularly the inland. Maine is the Texas of New England---Huge and Empty.

BTW New Hampshire is just to the south---one of the most impressive mountains in the whole US is Washington. It's bettern 6000 feet from top to bottom, and the road is the steepest anywhere.

Rap
Kentucky Pool Made a Fool out of me.
Instead of Tennessee River it looks like I'm headed to the deep blue sea.

JHartford
raprap
Teardrop Master

Postby MOKI SEAKER » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:25 am

Isn't Tom Swenson from up that way, maybe you could look him up and see what he's doing...Jim G :) ;)
If you don’t read the newspaper, you are uninformed.. If you do read the newspaper. You are misinformed.
Mark Twain
MOKI SEAKER
The 300 Club

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales