A two night Labor Day Get Away

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

A two night Labor Day Get Away

Postby b.bodemer » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:32 pm

Friday afternoon Rose and I, along with our trusty dog Ocoee, pulled out for a relaxing two day campout at Cheeseman's Farm Campground at Slippery Rock, Pa. The creek was to low to whitewater so it was a chance to simply chill out.

View from the creeks take out road into the campground.

Hiking with Ocoee along the creek.
A wet Ocoee waits for me to get in the truck.

Temporary set up for battery/inverter worked great.
So I charged my cell phone, watched two movies, ran the tv, and had a 9" fan for the cabin. All worked by running my extension cord from the inverter to the shore inlet. Wah Lah. Instant electronics. Will work on a more permanent way to house battery and inverter this week.

Continued success is being reported to you all about the new Coleman Oven. Rose prepared the pizza and I kept a closeful eye on the oven.

On a back road to the highway....a great view for the ride home.

Camping in the td :vroom: + Rose + Ocoee= Priceless

enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend,
Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Nobody » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:15 pm

Nice report Barb! Glad to see someone is getting more use from the little Coleman oven. I've baked cornbread, biscuits, & last year at LCG-I I re-heated some Garlic French bread for Madjack's etouffee(sp?). Took a while for the oven & I to 'gee/haw' properly but I think I've figured it out now. Doesn't take much of a turn on the control knob to drastically change the temp :o . Gotta have a light touch ;) . Also much better (for me) to let the temp build up slowly, than turn the burner full on. Glad y'all had a nice weekend :thumbsup:
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby peggyearlchris » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:28 pm

:thumbsup: Looks like you guys had a great weekend.Food looks good. Thanks for sharing. :applause: :applause: :) Peg
peggyearlchris
500 Club

Postby Mary K » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:03 am

:clapping hands: Saaaweeet!! Looks like yall had a great time!!

Thanks for posting! I love to see pic of your camping trips, you always have so much fun!!!

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby madjack » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:17 am

...looks like a great time was had by all...thanks for sharing with us :thumbsup: ....................... 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Hudsonite » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:57 am

I'm glad you had such a nice time, Barb! Thanks for posting the pics. Your TD is top notch! I'm very impressed, and perhaps someday I'll be in the Lakewood area and will drop in to see it. Thanks again!
Hudsonite
Teardrop Builder

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales