Cedars of Lebanon SP, TN - this weekend

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Cedars of Lebanon SP, TN - this weekend

Postby sid » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:31 pm

If anyone is interested in dropping by this weekend to camp or see the DragonFly, we will be there from this evening until Sunday. All are welome!

:D
sid n side
"If you're going through hell, keep going......" Winston Churchhill

Side by Side - completed October 2008
sid
Donating Member

Postby sledge » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:04 pm

I didn't see this in time..........but , did it Rain you out???
sledge
500 Club

Postby sid » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:39 pm

It didn't rain us out - it "peopled" us out! Can you believe when we got there at about 6:30 Friday all of the 117 campsites were taken!!! We were so surprised! Thankfully, we had a back-up plan. We went back to work (sinful on a Friday night) and asked the gate guards if they would open the gate to the "boat ramp" training area. They took one look at our sad little Lab dog and agreed to let us in to camp.

Just to let you know, we work at the National Guard Training Site in Smyrna, TN that backs up to J. Percy Priest Lake. There's a sweet little site out by the boat ramp that we've been to before. We were the only one's there all weekend (if you don't count the fisher-people in their boats on the lake) and we had our own private portta-john to ourselves (which is a huge plus to me - this is Side writing this). Much better than the gazillion people, kids, dogs, and bicycles at Cedars of Lebanon that we left behind.

How close is Limestone to Smyrna?

Glad you din't make the trip to Cedars, there wasn't a teardrop to be found there.

Maybe we will see you another time - take care.
Side
sid n side

sid
Donating Member

Postby Rarin2go » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:01 pm

We tried to get into Cedars the weekend before and it was full at 12:00 noon. We figured that it was fall break, but it sounds like that was not the reason. Our 3 year old grandaughter was a little bit upset but a trip to Yogi Bear park in Nashville took care of that. OH BOY!! that is not cheap.
This past weekend we were able to get into Cedar Creek Corp Park. Thank you Recreation.gov
Living today and planning for tomorrow.
TnT in Tennessee.
Rarin2go
Teardrop Master

Postby sledge » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:31 pm

sid i just checked we are about 260 miles from you one-way . we have put together a little group of campers around here . if you guys ever come up this way let us know, we'll camp with you if we can.
sledge
500 Club

Postby sledge » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:33 pm

But......I see you and Rarin2go are close to eachother. do you folks camp together any????
sledge
500 Club

Postby sid » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:15 am

sledge wrote:But......I see you and Rarin2go are close to each other. do you folks camp together any????

Yep, I saw where you were up around Johnson City. Haven't been up that way in a while. Next gathering you have let us know. Looks like we'll both be retiring around the first of the year and have more time available.

We haven't met Rarin2go, but with several TD'ers around here now we do need to try and get everyone together.

Also, I'd like to hear ya pick that guitar a little.

sid
sid n side

sid
Donating Member

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales