Epic Ural North

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Epic Ural North

Postby rebelrider.mike » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:32 am

I'm planning a trip for 2020 to ride my Ural M70, towing a DIY trailer (which I haven't built yet) From Washington To Alaska, across Canada, and from Main back to Washington. I'm calling it Epic Ural North because, if I live through it, I plan to do an Epic Ural South ride to visit all the US states I don't get to on the North trip.

I've started planning my trailer http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=68000 and you all have been really helpful answering my various noob question so far.

I'm starting to search around the internet, trying to find out exactly where I want to go and what I'm going to do on the trip. What I'd like to do is avoid big cities and high speed freeways, visit weird and interesting places, take the occasional day-hike, and pull off the road each night to sleep in a "free camping" zone. And also find food and fuel.

My thought is to break down the trip into states/provinces and then ask folks questions about traveling in the various regional sections here on the forum. Then I'll come back and post about my actual trip here. Specific questions I have are where to visit, where to get food and fuel, places to free-camp, and are there any are there any unusual motorcycle or trailer laws in the areas I'll be traveling in. Suggestions?
Mike
rebelrider.mike
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales