Grand Canyon & Utah Mighty 5

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Grand Canyon & Utah Mighty 5

Postby Nobes » Fri May 11, 2018 11:37 am

I leave in 8 days for a trip out west, to the Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce Canyon, Arches, and Canyonlands. There's one we have to leave out--I can never remember the name.

One of my old college buddies is accompanying me. Steaks, bacon, margaritas, and cigars every night. It's going to be epic. We leave Dallas on May 19 and return on May 28. 2 days driving each way, so 6/6-1/2 days in the parks. 1-2 days in each park. I have reservations at campgrounds outside each park. I'm even going to check out camping at the walmart on the way out and back. This will be the longest trip in terms of miles and days for my 2-year old TD.

I've been re-building my galley, check it out in my build thread, Bears' Lair.

Hopefully the crowds and weather won't be too bad, but if so, well these are the dates we had available. I'm scheduled for surgery after the trip on June 6, so the doc says I can go but 'nothing strenuous' on the trip. So, hiking The Narrows is out. In fact, our hikes will be limited to about 4-5 miles round trip. We'll do all the drives we can find, maybe do a few short walks at stops off the drives, but the 'big' hikes won't be that big.
Nobes
Teardrop Master

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales