Utah... is closed.

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Utah... is closed.

Postby tony.latham » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:26 pm

At least three counties.

"Overnight Lodging. Effective at 10 pm (MST) on March 17, 2020, all overnight and short-term lodging facilities (including but not limited to hotels, motels, condos, townhomes, guest homes, RV parks, and all camping on public or private lands) within Carbon, Emery, and Grand Counties may only check-in, rent, or lease to Essential Visitors and Primary Residents. Essential Visitors and Primary Residents may utilize public lands for primitive camping purposes."

That's Price to Moab. We've got friends camped just north of Moab and they said that you can't buy gas in town unless you're from there.

Our three-week spring trip is dead.

Image

POOOOOOO!!!

Tony
User avatar
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member
 
Posts: 4360
Images: 17
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:03 pm
Location: Middle of Idaho on the edge of nowhere

Re: Utah... is closed.

Postby BigDave_185 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:30 am

User avatar
BigDave_185
Teardrop Master
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:42 pm

Re: Utah... is closed.

Postby RJ Howell » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:34 am

tony.latham wrote:At least three counties.

"Overnight Lodging. Effective at 10 pm (MST) on March 17, 2020, all overnight and short-term lodging facilities (including but not limited to hotels, motels, condos, townhomes, guest homes, RV parks, and all camping on public or private lands) within Carbon, Emery, and Grand Counties may only check-in, rent, or lease to Essential Visitors and Primary Residents. Essential Visitors and Primary Residents may utilize public lands for primitive camping purposes."

That's Price to Moab. We've got friends camped just north of Moab and they said that you can't buy gas in town unless you're from there.

Our three-week spring trip is dead.

POOOOOOO!!!

Tony


This is getting crazy now. I'm am not sure how much of this is actually legal anymore. Can a state close Federal Land, can anyone in Public sales refuse to sell to anyone (or a state decree that to happen)?
Some of what we're doing I agree with, but... this is getting crazy now!!
RJ Howell
500 Club
 
Posts: 599
Images: 34
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:08 am
Top

Re: Utah... is closed.

Postby GTS225 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:38 am

RJ Howell wrote:Some of what we're doing I agree with, but... this is getting crazy now!!


Is it really? Just take a look at Italy's status. Their care system, (ALL of it), is on the verge of collapse because the populace isn't heeding the state's recommendations. That means that folks in bad shape will get turned away at the door(s), and the death toll will skyrocket even worse than it is right now.

Let's put it this way; If cancer were able to knock on your door and ask to be let in, would you do it?

Heed the warnings.........pull together to save humanity.

Roger
GTS225
Teardrop Master
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:11 am
Location: Waterloo, Iowa
Top

Re: Utah... is closed.

Postby MtnDon » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:52 am

NV has closed all casinos, all restaurants and bars as of midnight last night. I don't care about the casinos, per se, but the closures will badly affect those who worked there. I do feel empathy for the workers.


We canceled our spring break plans of a trip to SE AZ.
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
User avatar
MtnDon
2000 Club
2000 Club
 
Posts: 2117
Images: 24
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:57 pm
Location: New Mexico
Top

Re: Utah... is closed.

Postby twisted lines » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:43 am

Just checked my Order from Amazon 10 day shipping :NC
5.5 X 10 Flatback Benroy in a pile,
And it's growing!
User avatar
twisted lines
Teardrop Master
 
Posts: 262
Images: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:37 am
Location: Jefferson
Top

Re: Utah... is closed.

Postby twisted lines » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:44 am

Opps

Please send toilet paper.
Last edited by twisted lines on Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5.5 X 10 Flatback Benroy in a pile,
And it's growing!
User avatar
twisted lines
Teardrop Master
 
Posts: 262
Images: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:37 am
Location: Jefferson
Top

Re: Utah... is closed.

Postby RJ Howell » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:24 pm

GTS225 wrote:
RJ Howell wrote:Some of what we're doing I agree with, but... this is getting crazy now!!


Is it really? Just take a look at Italy's status. Their care system, (ALL of it), is on the verge of collapse because the populace isn't heeding the state's recommendations. That means that folks in bad shape will get turned away at the door(s), and the death toll will skyrocket even worse than it is right now.

Let's put it this way; If cancer were able to knock on your door and ask to be let in, would you do it?

Heed the warnings.........pull together to save humanity.

Roger


You can not compare Italy to us, nor cancer to a virus. Stopping folks from camping in disperse areas somehow helps stop spread? You'll just have to explain that one.

GTS, this virus is not going to kill off humanity.. Good grief..

Stay safe! Stay clean!
RJ Howell
500 Club
 
Posts: 599
Images: 34
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:08 am
Top

Re: Utah... is closed.

Postby rjgimp » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:32 pm

RJ Howell wrote: Stopping folks from camping in disperse areas somehow helps stop spread? You'll just have to explain that one.

GTS, this virus is not going to kill off humanity.. Good grief..

Stay safe! Stay clean!


Yeah, that just doesn't make a lick of sense to me. I get it in regards to hotel rooms, restaurants, and even pack-em-in-like-cordwood RV Parks, but dispersed camping? In the overall scheme of things, I would think the powers that be ought to be encouraging us all to do EXACTLY that sort of activity. Boondocking with no neighbors within a mile seems to be the definition of social distancing.

:thinking:
-Rob


I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
User avatar
rjgimp
Teardrop Master
 
Posts: 196
Images: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:59 am
Location: Saint Paul MN
Top

Re: Utah... is closed.

Postby tony.latham » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:52 am

rjgimp wrote:
RJ Howell wrote: Stopping folks from camping in disperse areas somehow helps stop spread? You'll just have to explain that one.

GTS, this virus is not going to kill off humanity.. Good grief..

Stay safe! Stay clean!


Yeah, that just doesn't make a lick of sense to me. I get it in regards to hotel rooms, restaurants, and even pack-em-in-like-cordwood RV Parks, but dispersed camping? In the overall scheme of things, I would think the powers that be ought to be encouraging us all to do EXACTLY that sort of activity. Boondocking with no neighbors within a mile seems to be the definition of social distancing.

:thinking:
We’ve done our three to four week April trip to southern Utah twice. They call it the spring break season down there but it lasts for about six weeks according to the locals I’ve talked to.

Our strategy is to get south of Moab since the desert country between Price and there gets flooded by thousands of campers coming out of Salt Lake.

It can be hard to find a dispersed spot. They are everywhere and they all need to run into town every few days for supplies.

I kinda get it. Moab is nuts in April. I’ve always thought the town was good to stop for ice, gas, and a burger to go.

What I don’t understand is how a lot of those businesses will survive this. It’s there tourist season. Too hot in the summer for most folks.

Tony


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
User avatar
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member
 
Posts: 4360
Images: 17
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:03 pm
Location: Middle of Idaho on the edge of nowhere
Top

Re: Utah... is closed.

Postby RJ Howell » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:59 am

Moab is central to this discussion, yet overall economy will be hurt 'everywhere' unless we start using common sense and stop buying into the media hype.

Is the virus real? Of course it is.
Will it spread? They all do and so will this one.
Is this one worst than all others? Can't really compare to many others, yet to the 1st SARS & MERS, comparable.
When will there be a cure? Probably never! Neither SARS or MERS has one, so why would one believe there would be for this?
How will it stop? It won't, but it will be curtailed, just like SARS & MERS. Natural immunities will develop and the spread will be halted.

A great article I just finished reading truly broke down who is being effected by this mass fear. Basic statement is: if we continue down this path 400 million people will be effect by this in a longer term than just the life span of the virus vs. 1 million that are 'at risk' that we can deal with readily. That's a reality of only 1% effected by just using common sense vs. what is our current path.

I am within the 6.8% mortality rate stated by the article and I am all for stopping the mass hysteria and getting back on track. Oh, the 6.8% group I'm in is figured from those known to have Covid-19 and still unknown if those had a immune deficiency of some type. Based on just population of my age group (and older) that's .011% mortality rate by Covid-19.

I'm feeling pretty good about all that.

Stay clean. Stay safe.
RJ Howell
500 Club
 
Posts: 599
Images: 34
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:08 am
Top

Re: Utah... is closed.

Postby Modstock » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:57 pm

I guess my goblin valley trip for early May is cancelled.
They sent refunds Friday.

Thank you China.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
Modstock
500 Club
 
Posts: 544
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:18 am
Location: Salt lake , Utah
Top

Re: Utah... is closed.

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:32 pm

In some parks, (not just in Utah) even the outhouses are padlocked. It's impossible to keep a restroom or outhouse COVID-19 free unless someone can disinfect after every person. Can you imagine trying to disinfect and clean the wood grooves in those wooden outhouses?! Who wants to jeopardize their health to clean after each person? If you leave the park open with the restrooms locked, nasty people do their business behind a bush, down a hillside, etc. ...Dangerous and not a pretty picture. And, again, who wants to clean that up? And what about the picnic tables?

Gas stations have a similar problem. The gas station near me goes out every hour and cleans everything, but there are many people that saddle up to the pump between cleanings. We all may need to learn a new way of living life.

We'll have to be patient and wait until everything is researched and known.
...... I'd rather be cautious and patient than be a patient!
User avatar
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member
 
Posts: 8379
Images: 491
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:02 am
Location: No. California
Top

Re: Utah... is closed.

Postby Shadow Catcher » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:58 pm

We have a trip planned to Teddy Roosevelt National Park in July and coming back through Canada. Border is now closed and the passport cards we applied for in January are still not here. We are relatively certain I have had COVID 19 and more or less recovered . When I called to be tested a couple of months ago I described the symptoms and they said I was not sick enough to test.
User avatar
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member
 
Posts: 5793
Images: 217
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:26 pm
Location: Metamora, OH
Top

Re: Utah... is closed.

Postby NevadaBlue » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:39 pm

Hmmm...

It is ok to poop on the sidewalk in Frisco, but not OK in the woods.

Time for following the constitution and common sense. (In both places)
—-
Ken
User avatar
NevadaBlue
Teardrop Master
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:32 am
Location: Under the Blue Nevada Sky
Top

Next

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest