Dutch OVen Table

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

Re: Dutch OVen Table

Postby gudmund » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:15 pm

I wonder if they have made it a bit bigger now days - 45 seems like a lot for the size mine is. If I remember right I had around 30 in it = it was close to being full, but worked just fine - I use a 10 inch DO'deep' now (used to use a 12 which I don't have any longer.) I do own a 14 also but never used it yet. Guess, I will find out if it works (14) if and when I ever use it...…..
gudmund
500 Club

Postby gudmund » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:47 pm

FYI : just did a 'total' briquet capacity test with my CampMaid collapsible fire-starter. The 45 briquet total given by CampMaid for a capacity is good = and possible!! A total of 40 'briquets' puts it right at the 'level' edge, + 5 more puts it just slightly mounded above the edge (with 'maybe' room for 2/3 more "carefully" placed ones) What was the real 'shock' :shock: for me was what I paid 'less' than 2 years ago for it and what I see the $$ now on Amazon - paid $25 for mine - now I see $45...……………. money = here today, gone yesterday...……….. :? BUT the best thing about this item = it collapsed is so 'compact' and easy to store for travel with the DO...……….. :thumbsup:
gudmund
500 Club

Postby slowcowboy » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:14 pm

Love this old thread sure beats po-little-tics today thimbs upper!..yea I didn't pay enough attention 3 4 years,ago but bob that's a great cooking set up for high winds...and I got the smoky Joe girl to but the gold one....great idea!...i am on the forum today hunting up photos of the farm disk idea.i just robbed one off a old small 2 section disk in the iron junk pile out back and am looking for table legs ideas.i also have the satellite table but you cant have to many cooking tools.wink..hey it beats the drama in dc today and I am needing sanity...slow...at least the tear forum won't give me extra,stress leading to any future health problems..lol..slow
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby rjgimp » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:02 pm

I've been poking around here a few years now (lurked in the shadows for some time) and once in a while I still stumble upon an awesome old thread like this one. Thanks for the bump, slowcowboy.

Really, is there no end to the brilliance that oozes out of Bob Henry's cranium? A walker and a satellite dish? Are you kidding me? :shock:

Stunning. Just stunning... :applause:
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to Cast Iron