Surprise Find!

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

Surprise Find!

Postby IndyCubby » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:15 pm

I haven't posted for a while since my camper sold and the new house and all....but I know there is a big cast iron following here.

I moved into my new house this summer. The house had belonged to a nice old man that I befriended over the past few years. He was 79 when he died this past fall and his house had been empty for several months when I decided to buy it and move in...it's across the street from my old house!

Anyway...upon taking posession of the old house (1921 bungalo), we found lots of great old things that had been left. The best find was a whole set of very well seasoned and cared for cast iron.

There is a set of Griswold frying pans: a #3, 4, and 8. Also, a Griswold Dutch oven, and a 12" Lodge iron grill pan. All were carefully stored under the stove and well oiled.

I've never been a cast iron cook, but I have been playing with them and they work so well! I can't believe the non-stick properties. I had no idea what I was missing!

Anyway, some pictures to share since I haven't posted for a while...

:D
4x8 Cubby
"Finished" October, 2005
Gone, but not forgotten!
IndyCubby
Teardrop Master

cast iron

Postby Eunice » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:37 pm

very nice find and glad you are enjoying using them.
Eunice
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby madjack » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:12 pm

...man, whatta find :thumbsup: ...good to see ya haven't forgotten where are as well............................... 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby oklahomajewel » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:42 am

Chris !!! Good deal, if it's finder's keepers! And nice to see you post again!!

Glad you're lovin the house... I moved into a smaller house a month ago, downsized big time and don't regret it...... just getting used to it ! But the lower summer electric bill was a nice plus!!!

Can't wait to see what kind of pie you'll cook up in that skillet.... or make me a nice pineapple upside down cake. Come camping with me !!!
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Return to Cast Iron