We're in the Waffles.................

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

Postby Gage » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:29 pm

Hey Dean, it's still under $100.00. Everyone is staying away. ;)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Laredo » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:09 pm

Steve E wrote:I checked some local antique shops and found 1 that just looked like a hunk of iron for 65.00. Then found a nice one at a bazaar/flea market and it was 75.00 (Wagner) From following Ebay for a couple of months or so I felt could do the best if could hold out and be patient. Guess to some degree it is just if you happen to luck out and run into a good deal and be at the right place...The fun is in the hunt lots of times too. I think I am going to miss being on the lookout for one. Lots of neat ones out there.
At least now we can start having waffles...The way this teardrop group eats we will have to watch it as may have problem fitting in our tears on down the road! Be awful to out grow our trailers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

This is why you build a fiver to begin with, and the 2nd trailer is 6 feet wide :D
Mopar's what my busted knuckles bleed, working on my 318s...
Laredo
Donating Member

It's waffle time!

Postby daveleb55 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:33 pm

The UPS Fairy delivered my replacement waffle iron yesterday, just in time to reseason and pack it for SLO this weekend.

Kathleen
"Get off the #@$% computer and GO CAMPING!"
daveleb55
Teardrop Master

Postby Steve E » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:44 pm

You got it just in time for the Great Waffle Cook-Off....What a feast is in store! I just got mine yesterday. It is a wonder it was in one piece. The box it came in was pretty oversized for it and one whole corner was ripped open and could see the waffle iron laying loose thru the hole in the box. When went to take it out of box it was just laying loose with very light pieces of tissue paper and a couple of grocery plastic bags under it. All the pieces were all apart. Checked it out and it is okay. Feel lucky!
Will be thinking of all of you having a great time at the SLO.......Patty
Steve E
Platinum Donating Member

waffle iron shipping snafu's

Postby daveleb55 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:38 pm

Amazingly, ours didn't break either. It arrived in a huge box of styrofoam peanuts, without any other packing. It was sitting at the bottom, so if the box ever got dropped, it may have shattered. We used half a bottle of oil to break it in enough to keep the waffles from sticking.
See ya there, we're leaving tomorrow.

Dave & Kathleen.

Steve E wrote:You got it just in time for the Great Waffle Cook-Off....What a feast is in store! I just got mine yesterday. It is a wonder it was in one piece. The box it came in was pretty oversized for it and one whole corner was ripped open and could see the waffle iron laying loose thru the hole in the box. When went to take it out of box it was just laying loose with very light pieces of tissue paper and a couple of grocery plastic bags under it. All the pieces were all apart. Checked it out and it is okay. Feel lucky!
Will be thinking of all of you having a great time at the SLO.......Patty
"Get off the #@$% computer and GO CAMPING!"
daveleb55
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Cast Iron