We're in the Waffles.................

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

We're in the Waffles.................

Postby Steve E » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:27 pm

Finally I WON a bid on a waffle iron keeping in my price range. Now to figure out how to clean it as it has wood handles. Have read the cleaning threads but think with the wood handles will have to do it a little differently. Any of you Cast Iron Experts have a suggestion? Any info appreciated. Thanks. :thinking: [/u]
Steve E
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Steve E » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:33 pm

I know...........Take off the handles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :?
Steve E
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:10 pm

Yup... Is it a Wagner???
(They unscrew)
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Bidding Wars

Postby daveleb55 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:44 pm

Steve,
I think we have been involved in the waffle bidding wars! I have missed more waffle irons by 50 cents over the last couple of nights.

I finally won my replacement waffle iron.
A neighbor came by and we said "hey, look at our cool antique waffle iron!" Oops <CRASH> "Oh futz!!!!"
One can only hope that it arrives in time for the waffle off.

Good luck to all.

Kathleen
"Get off the #@$% computer and GO CAMPING!"
daveleb55
Teardrop Master

Bidding wars

Postby TLC » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:33 am

I'm thinking that since all this hub-bub about waffle irons started, many TDer's are bidding against each other for irons on ebay. I got mine in the first antique store I went in.....for $10.00
I say use ebay as a last resort.
Tom
I can drink all day.....provided I don't start till 11PM
TLC
The 300 Club

Re: Bidding wars

Postby apratt » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:06 am

TLC wrote:I'm thinking that since all this hub-bub about waffle irons started, many TDer's are bidding against each other for irons on ebay. I got mine in the first antique store I went in.....for $10.00
Tom

Only problem the antique stores around here want an arm and a leg for their CI.
Arthur,

ASL spoken here
apratt
Gold Donating Member

waffle iron

Postby Eunice » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:26 am

The stores in my town dont even have any cast iron. Hard to find but I did ok on ebay. no one bid against me and I think it was because of my user name (keneunice) If that is true thanks.
If you plan on bidding lets us know and most wont bid against you. Just dont pull a Dean and forget to bid. (sorry Dean coudnt resist)
Eunice
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:54 am

Eunice,
There's another Wapak Indianhead listed, but I'm not sure I'm gonna bid on it... Looks a bit rough.
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Eunice » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:24 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:Eunice,
There's another Wapak Indianhead listed, but I'm not sure I'm gonna bid on it... Looks a bit rough.

According to Sue and Jim (hosts) at IDOS LaPine it doesnt matter. She swears that enough crisco and seasoning and you can fix any ci
Eunice
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby Steve E » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:59 pm

I checked some local antique shops and found 1 that just looked like a hunk of iron for 65.00. Then found a nice one at a bazaar/flea market and it was 75.00 (Wagner) From following Ebay for a couple of months or so I felt could do the best if could hold out and be patient. Guess to some degree it is just if you happen to luck out and run into a good deal and be at the right place...The fun is in the hunt lots of times too. I think I am going to miss being on the lookout for one. Lots of neat ones out there.
At least now we can start having waffles...The way this teardrop group eats we will have to watch it as may have problem fitting in our tears on down the road! Be awful to out grow our trailers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Steve E
Platinum Donating Member

waffle iron mania strikes TD owners

Postby daveleb55 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:24 pm

After looking in the antique shops here in Las Vegas and having sticker shock. A waffle iron should not be the same a car payment. Is it possible that the dealers have been watching this forum? :thinking:

Too bad the Doctor is not around we all could really use a trip in the Tardis. With all the room on the inside there would be an iron for all. :vroom: All the waffle woes could have a sweet ending.

Thanks for all the encouragement. Sooner or later I will obtain one. There's a listing on E-bay( My ebay id is Toby2win.)for a high collar waffle iron I will be bidding on. With two days to the end of the auction, I doubt I will have it in time for SLO. But I will be prepared for the next gathering and have it in our completed galley.

Kathleen
"Get off the #@$% computer and GO CAMPING!"
daveleb55
Teardrop Master

Postby doug hodder » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:41 pm

Congrats "Steve"....now I'm looking forward to have some tasty waffles from that wonderful galley with all the little decorative vintage "doo dads" that you have in it. "Steve" maintains a meticulous galley....table cloths on the side tables, decor is always neat as a pin and in order! I, unfortunately am not worthy...or lets just say...not as organized...Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Re: Bidding wars

Postby pgwilli » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:33 pm

TLC wrote:I'm thinking that since all this hub-bub about waffle irons started, many TDer's are bidding against each other for irons on ebay. I got mine in the first antique store I went in.....for $10.00
Tom

I think you're right there Tom...
I'm pretty sure Danny and I started going e-bay crazy against each other before we figured out how the auction thing worked. Fortunately neither one of us got it at the price we'd bid it up to :lol:
I am officially over stocked on waffle irons.
I like the crispier waffles that I get from the heart shaped irons.
I've acquired a Western Importing Heart Rosette and a Griswold Heart & Star... The Chinese fake is going to be a fishing anchor and the Griswold American No. 8 a raffle prize at a gathering near you...maybe :)
Paul, Norma & the Girls
2014 Escape 21
2006 Chevy Trailblazer
pgwilli
Lifetime member

Postby Gage » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:33 pm

Aw Toby2win, I promise I won't snip you Kathleen. :twisted: Besides I'm not looking for a tall base. ;)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Steve E » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:17 pm

Hopeing you get your waffle iron Kathleen. Let us know! Patty
Steve E
Platinum Donating Member

Next

Return to Cast Iron