Pie Iron Cookout

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

Pie Iron Cookout

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:55 pm

Our Central Indiana Gathering at "Salamonie Lake" (October 5-7) will feature a different "pot Luck" dinner arrangement for Friday night.

The entrees will all be cooked with "Pie Irons" and I can't wait to dig in. :twisted: :twisted:

I found a waffle (pie iron) as well as a hamburger griller (pie iron) and a triple Hot Dog (pie iron). The possibilities for cooking are endless and mighty tasty as well.

I've practiced a little and love the campfire cooking atmosphere. Everything tnaturally tastes better outside and this should be fun for all. The kids will love the (smores) and fruit pies for desert.

Since this will most likely be our last gathering until spring, the variation on campfire cooking should be fun. :applause:

Any creative ideas for pie iron cooking are welcomed. :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Steve Frederick » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:21 pm

OOOHH!! We just bought two! Too bad we're not near by! :lol: :lol:
Our buddies, Rick and Diane got us hooked a few weeks ago! We made nice, toasted ham-n-cheese sandwiches. I was reading the book that I bought with the irons (Rome). There's a lot you can do in one!

Maybe a recipe thread?? 8)
Blessings, Steve
Adirondacks, Upstate New York
Building Journals
The Shop Manual's 8-years old!! Thank's everyone!
New! 'Rondack Lodge Plans!Order Here!
Steve Frederick
Custom Teardrop Builder

Location: Upstate New York, Adirondacks (Great Sacandaga Lake)

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:26 pm

Hi Steve, yeah, these things are great. Portable and fun to cook with. Here are some recipes for starters.
:applause: http://www.pieiron.com/recipes.htm
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Jst83 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:56 pm

:twisted: Can't wait I have 1 double pie iron and plan to hit Dicks and purchase a couple more. I also found Gander Mtn. carries a nice selection. They have the 3 hot dog cooker and a slotted hamburger cooker that is real neat. Dicks is cheaper on the same pie irons just not as good a selection

They also have a marshmallow stick that looks like a branch and holds 10 at a time The wife wouldn't let me get it :( of course I don't know what that has to do with pie irons but it was neat :lol:
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby apratt » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:16 pm

Hey all your guys fault!!!!! :lol: You guys got me hooked!!! Those receipes looks goooooood!! They made my stomace growled. I seen them before but just didn't intrest me any, but that was before I knew what all you can cook it those. All I was thinking was just grilled cheese sandwich.
Arthur,

ASL spoken here
apratt
Gold Donating Member

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:10 pm

apratt wrote:Hey all your guys fault!!!!! :lol: You guys got me hooked!!! Those receipes looks goooooood!! They made my stomace growled. I seen them before but just didn't intrest me any, but that was before I knew what all you can cook it those. All I was thinking was just grilled cheese sandwich.

Arthur, try putting a slice of tomato in with the cheese. It's really good. You can add some cooked bacon for a little extra good pie. :twisted:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Return to Cast Iron