I found new waffle irons for sale

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

I found new waffle irons for sale

Postby rainjer » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:23 pm

Jerry's Surplus in Everett, WA has brand new American Log Cabin waffle irons for $24.99. They appear to have been cast form a mold similar to Griswold. The cast is not perfect but looks usable.

This is the same iron that is on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cast-Iron-Waffle-Iron-Log-Cabin-Waffle-Iron-New_W0QQitemZ130063976549QQcmdZViewItem
rainjer
King Koleman

waffle iron

Postby eamarquardt » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:47 am

At the Montana de Oro camp out I asked about these and the opinion was that they weren't very satisfactory (maybe a different mfgr not sure, but they looked the same in the pictures on the web). Pieiron makes one, they swear, is a good one. See their site on the web.
Cheers,
Gus
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

waffle iron

Postby eamarquardt » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:47 am

At the Montana de Oro camp out I asked about these and the opinion was that they weren't very satisfactory (maybe a different mfgr not sure, but they looked the same in the pictures on the web). Pieiron makes one, they swear, is a good one. See their site on the web.
Cheers,
Gus
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

Postby Mark72 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:19 pm

Has anyone seen the texsport waffle iron in person? I tried to find it to buy locally but it looks like I am doing to be paying for shipping also. I really wanted to eyeball it in person before committing to the deal.

Mark :thinking:
ImageImage
Mark72
Donating Member

Postby halfdome, Danny » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:51 pm

Mark72 wrote:Has anyone seen the texsport waffle iron in person? I tried to find it to buy locally but it looks like I am doing to be paying for shipping also. I really wanted to eyeball it in person before committing to the deal.

Mark :thinking:

Mark, I have the Texsport waffle iron and even though it's made in China it's very nice. I've had better results making waffles in it than the antique Griswold I have. It has a deeper waffle pattern and the handles are removable with a threaded rod that goes through the handles. :D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Podunkfla » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:06 am

Hmmm... at $45.00 with shipping I'd rather buy a genuine Griswold or Wagner waffle iron off ebay?
Shoot, I finally got one of those Alfred Andresen & Co. "heart shaped" waffle irons for $29. on ebay the other day. I'm done for a while. ;)
<B>~ Brick
<I>... I've done so much with so little for so long... Now I can do almost anything with nothing! </I></B>
Image...Lots more pix here!
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Postby Geron » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:15 am

Podunkfla wrote:Hmmm... at $45.00 with shipping I'd rather buy a genuine Griswold or Wagner waffle iron off ebay?
Shoot, I finally got one of those Alfred Andresen & Co. "heart shaped" waffle irons for $29. on ebay the other day. I'm done for a while. ;)

Congratulations :applause: :applause:

On the heart shaped. You got a good deal. Always felt a little chagrined having out sniped/bid you on the one I got off ebay. Didn't know we were bidding against each other. Patience won out and you got an even better deal. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

g
If it's not broken, you're not trying hard enough.
Geron
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Mark72 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:59 pm

Thanks Danny, Thats all I needed to hear! I can get It for 23 and some change with $12 shipping. It is on e-bay for $19.99 but the shipping is over $18 too far away.

Mark
ImageImage
Mark72
Donating Member

Return to Cast Iron