Cresent #9

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

Cresent #9

Postby Mark72 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:20 pm

I currently hold the bid on a crescent #9 waffle iron on ebay. If it goes for $15 or less it will be mine. Shipping and all it will cost me $35. It is rusty and needs to be cleaned up. Has anyone tried blasting lately? what were your results? And is the electrolysis better?

Mark :thumbsup:

Oh yeah I almost forgot http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230175767429&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching#ebayphotohosting
ImageImage
Mark72
Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:29 pm

My opinion...you ought to do a media blast on that one...like glass beads, or soda...I wouldn't do sand as it can be more aggressive. I only had to blast a small area of rust on mine and did no blasting on the interior portion...held the gun way back and sort of dusted it. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby mfkaplan » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:53 pm

I still like the electrolysis. It's not instant. It's a lot slower that bead blasting though. It might take a few days. It removes only the rust. Of course I don't have access to a blaster of any kind. I use a big plastic tub, an old plastic rack, a piece of sheet metal, and my batery charger. The hardest part was finding washing soda. Found that at Raleys. I used directions found on the Web. The only caution is to unplug before you put your hand in.
Mary
Mom's Nest
mfkaplan
Gold Donating Member

Return to Cast Iron