Playing With The Welder

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

Playing With The Welder

Postby halfdome, Danny » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:57 pm

Today I finally got out the welder and made this DO trivet from 3 new horse shoes. It's not my design, saw it here on T&TTT or on the Internet. It was a fun project to hone my newly learned welding skills such as they are. Need to make me a welding table so I can see what I'm doing since the cement floor is way below eye level. It was a fun project, much better than those store bought trivets. :D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Juneaudave » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:15 pm

Very nice Danny...I can't remember which welder you bought??? I finally bought a Lincoln Weldpak 3200 and have been playing with it some.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby halfdome, Danny » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:22 pm

Thanks Dave, it's a Hobart Handler 125, no gas. I'm enjoying it. Getting up the nerve to weld up a new chassis since the shoulder is s l o w l y getting better. :D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby AmyH » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:25 pm

Nice work Danny!! I really like that trivet! :thumbsup: Where do you buy new horseshoes? And yes, I really don't know. :lol: I have only ever bought really old ones from antique stores.
Amy
"...follow humbly whereever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or else you shall learn nothing." T.H. Huxley

Photo Log
Camping Trips with the Tear
AmyH
*The 300 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:43 pm

AmyH wrote:Nice work Danny!! I really like that trivet! :thumbsup: Where do you buy new horseshoes? And yes, I really don't know. :lol: I have only ever bought really old ones from antique stores.

Thanks Amy, I got mine at Del's Feed and Farm Supply for around $3.50 each. They have stores all over the state. :D Danny
ImageImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby rainjer » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:08 am

AmyH wrote:Nice work Danny!! I really like that trivet! :thumbsup: Where do you buy new horseshoes? And yes, I really don't know. :lol: I have only ever bought really old ones from antique stores.

There is a place in Everett (I can't remember the name) that also sells them. They have all sizes. It is on Hewitt, 2 blocks for I-5.
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby AmyH » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:38 am

Thanks guys. I am thinking I might try this little project myself, once I reclaim the room in my garage. :lol: Currently, my welder is pushed up against one of the walls and surrounded by other woodworking equipment. The trailer is taking up all the rest of the space.

This is a great little welding project Danny. I am definitely going to try making one myself after the trailer is done. Then I really have to learn how to use those dutch ovens.
Amy
"...follow humbly whereever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or else you shall learn nothing." T.H. Huxley

Photo Log
Camping Trips with the Tear
AmyH
*The 300 Club

Postby Tcurr » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:59 pm

Looks nice, Its always nice to make the stuff in your house :)
My Idea of plans are a tape measure, a saw and a dream.

Tom & Brenda
Westerville, Ohio
Tcurr
Silver Donating Member

Postby halfdome, Danny » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:11 pm

Tcurr wrote:Looks nice, Its always nice to make the stuff in your house :)

Thanks, actually it's for the teardrop. With it I can cook over coals with my cast iron skillets and the two fit together to make a Dutch Oven or I could use a D.O. lid for frying pancakes etc. I’ll use it on this steel shelf. :D Danny
ImageImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Return to Cast Iron