Lodge Grill

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

Lodge Grill

Postby HossHoffer » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:18 pm

I just bought the lodge grill. It grills great and we've already used it for salmon and steaks. Was wondering if there is a lid you can get for it. I saw nothing on the Lodge site so was thinking of making one out of some steel (whatever is available at work). Has anyone done this or do you just get by with the foil?

Why do I need a lid you ask. Well I use it for cold weather camping as well as liking to get a little smoky flavor when grilling.
HossHoffer
Teardrop Master

Aluminum tip

Postby starleen2 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:28 pm

We have a lodge grill and just for an experiment, we used a heavy disposable aluminum serving tray for a lid – I wanted to see if it would hold in moisture for the fajitas and tortillas. Worked pretty well
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Re: Lodge Grill

Postby Podunkfla » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:02 am

HossHoffer wrote:I just bought the lodge grill. It grills great and we've already used it for salmon and steaks. Was wondering if there is a lid you can get for it. I saw nothing on the Lodge site so was thinking of making one out of some steel (whatever is available at work). Has anyone done this or do you just get by with the foil?

Why do I need a lid you ask. Well I use it for cold weather camping as well as liking to get a little smoky flavor when grilling.

One like this? Image
I used to have a Lodge grill (hibachi)... Somehow it got lost in a move years ago. But, I had both a dutch oven made to fit the grill and a lid that fit both. I don't think I have seen anything like them in years though? Maybe the quit making them? I sure wish I still had the setup now... Perfect for teardrop camping. Maybe could be found on ebay?

UPDATE! I found one on ebay: http://tinyurl.com/2rdtnr

I think my pot was a little deeper? Been a long time though... could be wrong about that. I got mine about 1972 or so. ;)
<B>~ Brick
<I>... I've done so much with so little for so long... Now I can do almost anything with nothing! </I></B>
Image...Lots more pix here!
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Just the Ticket

Postby HossHoffer » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:04 am

Thanks, I think that is the closest that I'm going to come so will bid on that. I like the size of that ?dutch oven anyway so it will see double duty if I win it. Sorry about not posting pictures. I do much of my web stuff at work and the computers there won't allow us to save pictures or read from a flash drive. I think they need to get my priorities straight.
HossHoffer
Teardrop Master

Postby SouthernGirl » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:21 am

Susan
SouthernGirl
Teardrop Master

I Won

Postby HossHoffer » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:25 pm

I was the only bidder and won that oval griddle. $25 plus shipping, not bad considering it has that nice cover. I also have a Griswold square waffle iron on its way so it will be an early Christmas. Thanks for the tip.

Hoss
HossHoffer
Teardrop Master

Re: I Won

Postby Podunkfla » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:16 am

HossHoffer wrote:I was the only bidder and won that oval griddle. $25 plus shipping, not bad considering it has that nice cover. I also have a Griswold square waffle iron on its way so it will be an early Christmas. Thanks for the tip.

Hoss

That's prolly less than it cost new 30 years ago... congrats! :thumbsup:
<B>~ Brick
<I>... I've done so much with so little for so long... Now I can do almost anything with nothing! </I></B>
Image...Lots more pix here!
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Return to Cast Iron