Rome Pie Iron Waffle Iron

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

Rome Pie Iron Waffle Iron

Postby AmyH » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:39 pm

Does anyone have any experience using a Rome Pie Iron Waffle Iron? I have the Rome old fashioned stove-top one, and I like it, but I like the idea of having really thick, deep pocket, waffles. I have other pie irons from Rome Industries, and I really like them alot. I would just like to know if anyone has had first-hand experience with the waffle pie iron, and if so, what do you think about it?

Thanks.
Amy
"...follow humbly whereever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or else you shall learn nothing." T.H. Huxley

Photo Log
Camping Trips with the Tear
AmyH
*The 300 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:16 pm

Amy, I have several Rome pie irons and a Rome waffle iron. I almost bought a pie iron wafflemaker but decided to go big and bought an old Wagner Waffle iron. :)

I'm sure some one will shed some light on the Rome waffle (pie) iron but I can't help you on that one. :roll:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby AmyH » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:36 pm

Okay, doesn't seem like there is any experience with the Rome pie iron waffle iron, so new question, but related....

Can anyone recommend a good cast iron waffle iron that has nice deep pockets. I have one that makes thinner, crispier waffles, but I would like to get one that makes thicker waffles. I am willing to plunge in and try to get something on Ebay, but I must admit I am a total newby when it comes to Ebay.

Thanks everyone.
Amy
"...follow humbly whereever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or else you shall learn nothing." T.H. Huxley

Photo Log
Camping Trips with the Tear
AmyH
*The 300 Club

Postby rainjer » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:05 pm

Jerry's Surplus in Everett, WA has brand new American Log Cabin waffle irons for $24.99. They appear to have been cast form a mold similar to Griswold. The cast is not perfect but looks usable.

This is the same iron that is on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cast-Iron-Waffle-Ir ... dZViewItem
rainjer
King Koleman

Return to Cast Iron