wal-mart DO

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

wal-mart DO

Postby doitright » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:00 am

Here in West TN wal-mart is selling 12" Lodge pre seasoned for $25.00.. Had my hands on it, looked over my sholder and the look in her eyes could have killed. Well Millington Tn wal-mart still has two of them. I was good and let it go then walked away but I do need to go to Memphis Sunday. I will be going right by and she will be at home. :twisted:
Kevin
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

Postby dmb90260 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:13 am

Aaahh, Millington TN. Sent a winter next door with the Navy back in '57. All I remember is that it was a wet winter.

Walmart DO. Last year I was in the WM where my brother lives and spotted a battered box on the bottom shelf with a deep 12" camp DO. It looked okay so I got it, for a good price since it would not show up on their computer. When I got it home I found two hand made birthday cards to Nanna. I guess Nanna thought cooking at home was enough without doing it over the campfire :lol: The other odd part was the cards were dated four years ago. I did not think WM kept anything for 4 years. :thinking:
But I did get a deal, I be happy. :D
Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Re: wal-mart DO

Postby jdarkoregon » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:09 pm

doitright wrote:looked over my sholder and the look in her eyes could have killed.

Where do they all learn that look? I feel for ya buddy, but you did the right thing, that battle can be won another day

John
Innovation is essential
The world can be better
ImageImage
jdarkoregon
Donating Member

Postby Catoosa Grani » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:04 pm

dmb90260 wrote:Aaahh, Millington TN. Sent a winter next door with the Navy back in '57. All I remember is that it was a wet winter.

Walmart DO. Last year I was in the WM where my brother lives and spotted a battered box on the bottom shelf with a deep 12" camp DO. It looked okay so I got it, for a good price since it would not show up on their computer. When I got it home I found two hand made birthday cards to Nanna. I guess Nanna thought cooking at home was enough without doing it over the campfire :lol: The other odd part was the cards were dated four years ago. I did not think WM kept anything for 4 years. :thinking:
But I did get a deal, I be happy. :D

Poor Nanna never got to use it and probably passed away so the family took it back to WM. That accounts for the 4 year period maybe.
ImageImage
Catoosa Grani
Gold Donating Member

Return to Cast Iron