Got a iron

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

Got a iron

Postby doitright » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:16 pm

I just won a bid on a waffle iron. :applause: After emails and payment I guess I will get it in about a week. After I made a bid I started looking around and found out E bay has two places for waffle irons. One in Collectibles and one in cast iron. Some are in both places and some are not. The one in collectibles looks as if the irons are selling for $10. to $15. less. I got mine from cast iron. Oh well I got it and hope that it will cook some great looking tasting waffles.
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

Postby Eunice » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:19 am

well have you received it yet?
I never find anything in our thrift store but yesterday I walked in and there was a Griswold waffle iron! I didnt need it but I love Griswold so now I have a Wagner and a Griswold. one for the tear and one in the house.
I didnt know that about ebay either. When I do a search I leave it on all catagories so it should be pulling up everything. I will have to watch and see.
Let us know how your first waffles turn out
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby bobhenry » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:06 pm

keneunice wrote:well have you received it yet?
I never find anything in our thrift store but yesterday I walked in and there was a Griswold waffle iron! I didnt need it but I love Griswold so now I have a Wagner and a Griswold. one for the tear and one in the house.
I didnt know that about ebay either. When I do a search I leave it on all catagories so it should be pulling up everything. I will have to watch and see.

You are holding out on u$. Was it $2.00 or $5.00 :cry:
Last edited by bobhenry on Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby doitright » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:06 pm

I do not like using e bay but I have never seen one in any of the store or yard sales. I am still checking my front door every day for my waffle iron. It should be in first of the week I hope. I have one pack of blue berries left from last year and they will be going in the mix when I get it all cleaned and seasoned. I can not wait and still can not get over my wife looking forward to getting it also. Hey she may have come around to the cast iron fever :applause: . And that will be a good thing so I will not have to hide my stuff from her.
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

Postby doitright » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:23 pm

We got the iron in Friday. Cleaned and seasoned it. Sunday got the campstove out and tried the Iron. It worked well not sticking and very fast. :applause:
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

Postby dmb90260 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:15 pm

doitright wrote:We got the iron in Friday. Cleaned and seasoned it. Sunday got the campstove out and tried the Iron. It worked well not sticking and very fast. :applause:

But what did they taste like???? :thinking:

You need to send a sample to Kevin to verify the quality. :lol:
Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Eunice » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:07 pm

bobhenry wrote:
keneunice wrote:well have you received it yet?

You are holding out on u$. Was it $2.00 or $5.00 :cry:

It was $20 but my griswold book prices it at $100 so I didnt think twice about getting it. I am having nice handles made for it by a wonderful woodworker here on the forum
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby doitright » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:43 pm

It was great and cooked faster than I thought. I would like to thank all on the site who got me to start looking for the waffle iron. It is a great addition to my cooking box.
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

Return to Cast Iron