2 Qt. Dutch Ovens - Set of 2 $19.99

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

2 Qt. Dutch Ovens - Set of 2 $19.99

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:57 am

Don't know if anyone is interested but these are on sale and they come in a set of 2 for $19.99 + tax/shipping, total was $31.18. I have ordered from these guys before and picked it up at their location just a couple of miles from my home. They carry Bayou Classic, which I like. It does not have the 3 legs on them but that's no biggie for me. Anyway, just thought I'd share this.

http://www.huntingfishinginc.com/2quduov.html
Last edited by CAJUN LADY on Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:37 pm

Is a dutch oven a dutch oven without the legs?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Gaelen » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:16 pm

yep, Mike...
the ones with legs that can hold coals on top and sit slightly elevated over coals on their own legs are 'camp ovens.'
A 'dutch oven' in the cooking world is pretty much any casserole-type pot with a cover which can be used over high heat and for long, slow cooking. It can be ceramic, glass, even steel or aluminum. And those fancy enameled cast iron ones without the legs? DOs, all of 'em.
Gaelen
2006-2011: '79 SunLine Sun Spot
now: '05 Finntec homebuilt teardrop
My blogs: Life Out Loud, Kitchen Jam and Dog Trainer's Log.
Syracuse Dog Training and @gaelen2 on Twitter
Gaelen
500 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:44 pm

Gaelen wrote:yep, Mike...
the ones with legs that can hold coals on top and sit slightly elevated over coals on their own legs are 'camp ovens.'
A 'dutch oven' in the cooking world is pretty much any casserole-type pot with a cover which can be used over high heat and for long, slow cooking. It can be ceramic, glass, even steel or aluminum. And those fancy enameled cast iron ones without the legs? DOs, all of 'em.

Yep, what Gaelen said. I still use these over coals, when camping. I use a cast iron cover stand/holder/trivet and set the pot on it. It raises the pot off the coals at about the same height as legs would. I like these pots for individual breads, desserts or breakfast casseroles.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Return to Cast Iron