Flea Market Question

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

Flea Market Question

Postby ERV » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:55 pm

Hi all. Just got back from looking around the flea market here. Saw an old waffle iron, it was an old wagner, but it didn't have any handles. He says it was old, and wanted $50 for it . Didn't get any numbers off it, he scared me with the $50 price, ha. I should have taken my camera, he is going to be there next week too. Do you think it is worth it?
But I did get 2 DO's One needs some cleaning up, all it has on it is an 8. The other on is in nice shape. It is hammered on the top, only thing I can find on it is an 88, and on the lid it is stamped 88C. $5 for the rusty one and $10 for the hammered one. Pics are in my album. Erv
ERV & JAN
Medina, Ohio
ERV
Silver Donating Member

Postby devigata » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:40 pm

OOoooo! I like the hammered one! What a great buy!

devigata
Donating Member

Postby Eunice » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:25 pm

I would watch ebay to see if you can get a better deal. when everyone on this forum made a mad rush the prices did go up but you can still find good deals.
I wouldnt pay 50 for no handles
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby Kevin & Sandy » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:02 pm

Here's a trick for you. On my dutch oven with no edge on the lid, I took an old license plate, cut it in half lengthwise, formed the two pieces into a ring and pop riveted both ends together. After putting in all the ingredients for apple cobbler, I placed this ring on top and put my coals in the ring. Work great!

I had to do this because I only have one true dutch oven and it was already busy making chicken pot pie.
Kevin & Sandy
The 300 Club

Return to Cast Iron