Some Cast for Christmas

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

Some Cast for Christmas

Postby TerryLawson » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:16 pm

The Antique Store that my mother works at has a few Griswold things! I would have picked all of them up but I would have had to sell a kidney!!!

And this stand Fry pan its a bit sticky

Terry
“The hard stuff we do right away, the impossible stuff takes a little longer!”
TerryLawson
Teardrop Master

Postby Eunice » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:40 pm

oh oh oh good thing I live in Ca. just the word antique means I cant afford it. It is amazing what happens to the price when someone knows just a little about old stuff but yor pictures are really tempting
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby doug hodder » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:48 pm

Nice Spider skillet....unless it's out of control...that would be a nice piece to have. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby TerryLawson » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:11 pm

That "Spider Skilet" was $70 :o

Terry
“The hard stuff we do right away, the impossible stuff takes a little longer!”
TerryLawson
Teardrop Master

Postby doug hodder » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:45 am

I'm no expert and don't know if it's a good price or not, but it does have the gate mark on it, so I'd venture to say it's pretty old, like possibly 100 yrs. or so. Kevin has the bible on this stuff. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

skillet

Postby doitright » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:49 pm

I have a 12" spider I payed $35.00 for. It dose have a lid to use coals on it. It is the best pot I have but over time and being the first pot i bought around the handle has starting to crack. It still works great nothing sticks in it. I would be glad to pay $100. for one if it cooked as well as mine cooks. I know I will lose it one day but until that day it will be cooking.
doitright
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

Postby ironhead » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:29 pm

[quote="Ken&Eunice" It is amazing what happens to the price when someone knows just a little about old stuff [/quote]
It's not always that people know about the old stuff but they just recognize the name and assume that everything that sez Griswold on it will sell for high dollar which is not always true. there is a lot of common Griswold pieces that sell for anywhere from 20 to 30 bucks. It depends on how knowledgeable you are when looking for it. ;) A lot of antique dealers will jack up the price on pieces just because it says Griswold on it and assume that the buyer has not done there homework and know the true value of it so it pays in the long run to educate yourself before buying.
ironhead
Teardrop Advisor

Re: skillet

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:05 am

doitright wrote:I have a 12" spider I payed $35.00 for. It dose have a lid to use coals on it. It is the best pot I have but over time and being the first pot i bought around the handle has starting to crack. It still works great nothing sticks in it. I would be glad to pay $100. for one if it cooked as well as mine cooks. I know I will lose it one day but until that day it will be cooking.
doitright

Doitright, there was a thread around here somewhere which indicated you could have a cast iron pot weleded with special rod. I'll try and find it an post the link here.
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Re: skillet

Postby Oasis Maker » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:11 am

Cliffmeister2000 wrote:
Doitright, there was a thread around here somewhere which indicated you could have a cast iron pot weleded with special rod. I'll try and find it an post the link here.

Here ya go. Scroll down a few. Hope it helps: Cast Iron Weld

Scott G.
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Cast Iron