Another bacdly marked DO - what is it?

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

Another bacdly marked DO - what is it?

Postby Mike B » Mon May 17, 2010 2:30 pm

When I got a Lodge waffle iron and a Wagner griddle at a local auction, I also ended up with a Dutch oven in the same box of iron:

The only markings on this DO are on the bottom:

I would like to know if anyone can tell me who manufactured this DO. I suspect that the 1036 on the bottom may be the month and year of manufacture.

I have tried to get a lid for the pot locally, but it appears the Cast Iron guy at the Sagle, ID flea market no longer goes there. If I can determine who made the DO, I might be able to get a lid for it. It's in great shape and I'd like to use it.

Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike B
500 Club

Postby bobhenry » Mon May 17, 2010 5:26 pm

Looks like a 10" what does it measure.

Remember a 10" lid is a 10" inch lid is a 10" lid.

I bought a 10" lodge dutch oven marked 10 bucks at a yard sale. I was so excited I grabbed it up and got out of there quick. Well upon clean up my treasure I found the "made in taiwan" stamped in the pot. Lid was clearly a lodge with big LODGE cast in it. It was still a good deal. I often use a Dutch oven coal lid on my deep skillets for things like pizza or brownies. Just a few coals underneath and piled heavy on top to bake. Just place the skillet on a tossed out gas stove grate to give the bottom coals a little room to breath. Several of the outfitters sell the lids seperate. I am almost certain this one came with a domed lid originally.

Either way happy hunting
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby ironhead » Mon May 17, 2010 5:42 pm

That would be an Iron Mountain DO made by Griswold during the 1940's Great find BTW :thumbsup: The Iron Mountain line is as good a quality as Griswold this line was mostly sold by hardware stores unmarked just a bit cheaper.
ironhead
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Mike B » Mon May 17, 2010 7:52 pm

ironhead wrote:That would be an Iron Mountain DO made by Griswold during the 1940's Great find BTW :thumbsup: The Iron Mountain line is as good a quality as Griswold this line was mostly sold by hardware stores unmarked just a bit cheaper.

Thanks for the info. I ordered a lid for it.

Mike
Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike B
500 Club

Return to Cast Iron