What a deal!

Ask questions about or share pics of your latest find...

What a deal!

Postby parnold » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:06 pm

There's an old hardware store going out of business across the street from where I work. Today I picked up a 9 1/4" case iron grill pan with ribs made by Central. It has a wooden handle, but I wanted one for the house anyway.

Cost me $6.71. The box is faded from being on their shelf for the last 20 years. I think they have two left.
parnold
Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:00 pm

Nicely done. I miss those old hardware stores. We had one close in our town about 7 years ago. All wood floors, with a sliding ladder that ran the length of the store. When you asked for a 3/8" bolt the guy slide the ladder down to the bin and got you one. They cut and threaded pipe to your exact dimensions. Can you imagine that. But you could not get a hair dryer or a bird feeder. Just Plumbing, heating and electrical stuff. I spent a lot of time in there as they had their going out of business sale. I got some great deals. But I felt bad, this place had been around since my Grand father was a young man.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby David Hughes » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:54 pm

:thinking: Say parnold were you holding them at gun point? :laughter: What a steal, :thinking: I mean deal, good job and happy cooking :applause:

Dave
IN GOD WE TRUST
David Hughes
Teardrop Builder

Postby parnold » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:15 am

This place is in a failing neighborhood. I bought half a dozen descent quality paint brushes, like the one's at HD for around 5 to 6 bucks. These were old and dusty, but had the faded price tags of 1.49 to 1.98 on them. Also 25% off! I was tempted to buy every one they had.
parnold
Donating Member

Return to Cast Iron